1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wet Okole!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by GuamKelly, Nov 13, 2010.

1. GuamKelly

GuamKelly Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My seat covers came in today, and I must say, they surpassed all expectations. Fit and finish are superb. They look infinitely better than the stock seats, to the point I am toying with another outrageous expenditure for the back seats, even though it's rare that anyone rides back there. Even better, a short jaunt SEEMS to confirm that the inflatable lumbar support bags have transformed my seats into something I can live with. Will report back after a few days of living with them.Installation took about 90 minutes, generously endowed with sweat and creative cursing.I STRONGLY suggest that anyone who orders them unbolt the seats from the floor. That made the task relatively straight-forward, and I don't know that I would ever have finished a quality installation otherwise.

2. HawaiiDawg

HawaiiDawg New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Sweet! What color/trim did you get? Can you share some pics?
    I have mine on order and they s/b here in a couple weeks. Luckily in Hawaii, they charge about $10 more but they install them for you.

3. GuamKelly

GuamKelly Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That'll be $10 VERY well spent.

I thought about going all wild and crazy with the colors, but wound up just choosing the Gray panels, which look great with my gray and black interior. I'll poke around some, and if I can figure out where my Bride has stashed my trusty digi-cam I'll post a couple shots. Probably ought to clean the car tomorrow anyhow, that'll be good motivation.

Where are you in Hawaii? Every once in awhile I get to Oahu with my Uncle Sam's Aero Club. Always up for a cold beer with a new friend!

4. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Unbolt the seats? I bought a set 3 years ago and there not that bad. Standard hook underseat. There's a trick to the backside though.
    I don't have the lumbar though. Is that the hard part?

My 2007 Bisque:

Attached Files:

5. BAllanJ

BAllanJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Now I'm thinking of this! I too have the bisque interior and you look like you've matched it well even though there isn't a bisque choice at their web site... what did you pick? tan? mocha? taupe? cashew? I would definitely get the lumbar for my seat... and get the back seat covers too since that's where a lot of the dirt comes in with junk and kids and dogs etc.

6. GuamKelly

GuamKelly Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III

For me, the difficulties were

1) Assuring that the various straps and devices were really secure WITHOUT fouling and or chafing any of the wires and controls under the seats (especially the passenger seat) and,

2) As you mention, the back part. Installation requires pulling the front panel of the seatback cover through the opening between the OEM seatrest and seatback, then securing the front and back panels with velcro. Trouble is, the Prius has a flap that comes all the way down the back side of the seatback and wraps under the seat, such that this would be impossible. After puzzling over it for awhile, I finally just undid it and tucked it up between the seat and the back panel of the covers.

Problem 1 is the larger issue. Problem 2 may in fact be a non-issue, particularly if you, the installer, are young and nimble. But chafing through wiring looms for airbags and stuff would be a Bad Thing, IMHO.

7. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two

There what Okole call's "Tan". Its been 3 years and they have not worn at all. Very tough and they add a very good cushion to the seat too. There thick. And includes a center console black elastic cover.

I highly recommend them.

I think it was $300 delivered with headrests. I just did the front as I mostly keep the rear seats down.
    But you have to keep the seats covered with something as the seat material they use is awful. Picks up every bit of dirt.

I also have a shorty dash cover too. eBay $20. I like it as it just covers that weird plastic easily sun damaged part of the dash and is perfectly custom cut to fit all the dash indicator cutouts.

Oh and andd as you can see I have wheelskins steering wheel cover too. That was the best buy. The steering wheel on Gen2 Prius has a pretty abrasive feel to it. At least to me. Its a pleaure to grab the wheel now. About 3 years old too and holding up well.

Attached Files:

8. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Fouling and chafing? What you going to sea with this thing lol?

Its just 4 rubbery cloth straps under the seat all hooked to each other. And there not moving once hooked. But I agree they are a pain to install. I guess if I did them alot. But there like any other car seat cover install. Your on your knee's. But taking out the car seats seems like twice as much work.

Yes I think thats what I did for the back of the seat too.

Lets see some pics of your hard work:

9. GuamKelly

GuamKelly Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III

I came here as a C-130 Flght Engineer, flying through typhoons for a living. I tend to be maybe a bit on the OCD side about this sort of thing. So far, it's kept me alive (grin).