1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What’s this noise coming from my dashboard/glove box area? Been going on for months..

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by mainestreamrob, Oct 12, 2023.

1. mainestreamrob

mainestreamrob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I’ve attached a video but whenever I go over bumps there’s this strange clicking noise that comes from my passenger side dash area. I’ve removed the glove box, taken the air filter out and tried finding where specifically the noise is coming from but have had no luck. It kind of sounds like the buttons to the glove boxes but when I hold them and hit a bump the noise persists. Any ideas?

https://youtube.com/shorts/pyeq3sCbCQU?si=fTqfPMtttNPoL8-B

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    You know the lower glove box squeezes and pulls and lifts right out You can lay it on the floor while you're farting around looking go for a drive with the glove box sitting on the floor the back seat maybe have someone drive while you watch It sounds like those relays and things that move the vents from your feet to your head to your middle body the vents That's all done by little electric motors if you will and they break and go crazy all the time and make noise some people hear it some don't as long as the air is coming out lots of people don't care but that's what I would probably do is take the lower glove box out that'll leave the lower glove box button sitting where it belongs but the glove box storage unit will be out and away from that area and you'll be able to see the top glove box button the bottom glove box button the blower fan the interior filter drawer and various other electronics and see what you see I do have a generation two where the buttons for the glove box themselves vibrate at a certain RPM or speed it's quite annoying I foundly found another set of buttons out of another lot less used car and that solved the problem It's all plastic