1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What a dummy!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lexidium, Aug 17, 2024 at 11:38 AM.

1. lexidium

lexidium Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I dropped my key and it broke the case so bought a new case from Ebay (only a fiver)
    I changed the board and the battery over so it look nice and new. It opened and closed the doors fine but when I put it in, it wouldn't start the car. I spent ages taking it to pieces and putting it back together (cleaning contacts etc) before I realised i'd forgotten to take the tiny chip out of the front socket.
    Then I had to tip the bin out where I had thrown the old case. Luckily, it was still there.

What a dummy was I !!!!!

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sounds more like the kind of mistake pretty much anybody could make if they hadn't happened to stumble on the information somewhere about the little chip.

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Happens all the time... Even for us folks who know not to forget it. Just a couple weeks ago I glued a replacement case together on a messy workbench and the little RFID block fell out just as I put the case together and didn't realize it till I tested it. Glad the epoxy hadn't cured yet.