1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What a Prius high and low for 24 hours!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by FireEngineer, May 11, 2007.

1. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So yesterday the regional newspaper published an interview they did with me regarding my "hypermiling".

[attachmentid=7967]

Everyone at home and work were trilled for me, as well as amazed. I even have an invitation to talk to some high school kids.

BUT, this morning while a mile from work my Prius was hit by an inattentive Ford Focus driver. Everyone OK, minor damage to the passenger front bumper corner and front quarter, more worried about the impact of the driver front wheel on the high center curb I was pushed into. Exchanged info and finished the drive, everything seems OK.

Not even 24 hours to bask a little in the limelight :( .

Wayne

PS I did have the presence of mind to not turn the car off when pulled over (went to park), didn't want to do a start cycle to ruin the 80MPG I was doing on the run. Tank now 74.1MPG. :)

Attached Files:

2. mpgFanatic

mpgFanatic New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireEngineer @ May 11 2007, 12:07 PM) [snapback]439991[/snapback]</div>
    I hate when that happens.

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    oh wow! and then oh no :( what a way to ruin that good feeling!

4. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    May I have your autograph? :)

5. Tom6850

Tom6850 Retired

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's too bad, Wayne. Noboby hurt, which is good. Hopefully not any serious damage, I have not had good luck with repairs.

I forgot to mention the article, it is great publicity for the Prius and a fine article. You are a GREAT ambassador for Prius Chat. Keep up the good work.

6. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Nice article - but - doesn't the Chicago Prius Group have ANY women - even one??

7. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ May 11 2007, 12:08 PM) [snapback]440033[/snapback]</div>
    If you look at the back side of your engine you will have some original "DNA".

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Neicy @ May 11 2007, 01:01 PM) [snapback]440083[/snapback]</div>
    Yes we do, some have been with our core group for over 2 years, but there's always room for more.

Wayne

8. tnthub

tnthub Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wonderful article. Sorry to hear about the car.

9. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireEngineer @ May 11 2007, 04:56 PM) [snapback]440192[/snapback]</div>
    Good, because the article refered to "guys".

How are you feeling since the accident now that some time has passed? And how is the poor car & tire?

I was trying to decide which group I fit into - cheap, concerned about the environment, or a geek. I think I started out concerned with the environment, but the more I read the posts the more things I want to try and I fear I am turning into one of those people who really gets into this. It's like a personal challenge to see how much mileage I can get, though I don't come anywhere near what most of you posters get. I wish there was a group around here. Maybe someday. I found out I can't go to Madison which I think would have been great fun. I wanted to drive out too but someone else already has the weekdays around it taken for vacation at my work. Oh well, such is life. Hope you're OK though.

10. abq sfr

abq sfr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Whatta major bummer! It's not a matter of "if" it's going to happen, but "when", kinda like what I tell people about computer hard drives crashing. It doesn't matter how defensively you drive, I have people come at me like guided missiles, nothing you can do but hang on. And Friday's are the worst here, last Friday I saw 4 accidents on the way home, one involving 4 Pickup Trucks that were turned every which direction on a 4-lane road in front of an elementary school where the speed limit is 35! It just gets worse day by day.

I ran up on a curb yesterday when parking, arrrgh. It still seems to run straight, but now the wind will blow me off the road!

11. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thank you Neicy. I am fine and for the most part my Prius is fine too. Just want a tech to check out the one wheel for hidden damage.

Too bad you can't come to Hybridfest, Sunday morning is partly devoted to MPG driving lessons from some of the best in the country. But keep trying, make sure you learn your glide and you'll do well.

Wayne

12. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

I'm glad your ok.

Loved the article.

13. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry to hear, FireEngineer. We all take the good with the bad, I suppose.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(abq sfr @ May 11 2007, 05:28 PM) [snapback]440212[/snapback]</div>
    Sounds like you may have knocked a wheel out of alignment. You should get that checked.

14. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireEngineer @ May 11 2007, 04:56 PM) [snapback]440192[/snapback]</div>
    Jim, let's clone him, so there can be an EBH in every Prius! :lol:

15. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    :D Wayne, dude!! Glad to hear the accident wasn't that bad, and I'm very happy you are fine, hope your Prius will be also!!!

B)

16. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, but I can't make copies of that and sell it on the black market. :)

(Sorry, missed this post the other day.)

17. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    For the record, I want to make it very clear that Wayne is still welcomed to deliver a talk at the upcoming Chicago Prius Group meeting even if he arrives in a damaged Prius.

Just in case anyone was wondering. :D

Wayne,
    Seriously dude. That really sucks. With the meeting coming up and Hfest. I hope it's all better by July.

18. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    did they end up finding anything wrong in the suspension, Wayne? hope all turned out ok.

19. FireEngineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Have an alignment scheduled the morning of our ChicagoPriusGroup meet-up, maybe we can make it part of the presentations.

Wayne

20. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireEngineer @ May 11 2007, 09:07 AM) [snapback]439991[/snapback]</div>
    How would that ruin the average?