1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What Aftermarket Products play Nice together for A/V?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by MatL, Apr 20, 2007.

1. MatL

MatL Junior Member

Just purchased out 07 Prius Pkg 3 and a few accessories from the 'shop' here. One of the accessories is the DICE iPod integration unit that allow steering wheel control of an iPod. (sounded cool at the time.) Now I have been looking around and found some of the other 'goodies' that folks are using with their cars.

Will there be any issues down the road using the DICE iPod unit ALONG with another aftermarket accessory. Current available include the "Coastal Tech" LOCKPICK or a version of "hybrid technologies" CAN-View or even that GVIF video adapter from "TVandNav2 go".

I realize that the 3 video based products/solutions are used for different things, but by starting with the DICE unit - it would be nice to know what is and more importantly what ISN'T still a valid option.

It looks like the Lockpick 3 will give my non-Nav prius a new mode "Toyota DVD Player" and accept audio/video input. but I don't know exactly what the input type (from some external source) is available. One thing that is a HUGE PLUS for Lockpick is dialing while moving when using a bluetooth phone.

The GVIF from TVandNav that 'theForce' is working with appears promising as well -- on the way to a in car Computer.

The CAN-VIEW has an older version that plugs into the MFD, but not 07. Perhaps a plugin to view the data to one of the other systems video input via the RGBS input.

Thanks
    mat

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MatL @ Apr 20 2007, 02:27 PM) [snapback]426997[/snapback]</div>

No, the DICE kit won't cause any interference.