1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What are Bluetooth default settings?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by zenMachine, Aug 2, 2007.

1. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My Bluetooth microphone/speaker/voice quality settings must have been reset when I disconnected the 12V battery. When I went into the "super non-secret maintenance screen" to check, they were all zeros. '

I've modified the input/output volumes to where things are more audible on both ends, but the voice quality is still very tinny. I suspect that's because the voice tone setting is 00, but I don't know what value to set it to. The screen says to "See Service Manual", which I don't have.

I'd appreciate it very much if someone could tell me what their default Bluetooth settings are. Thanks.

2. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zenMachine @ Aug 2 2007, 10:44 AM) [snapback]489240[/snapback]</div>
    My battery has never been disconnected.
    It appears the default levels are all 0
    I checked my '07 and Reciever Voice Level - 0
    Send Voice Level - 0
    Voice Quality - 0

3. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(9G-man @ Aug 2 2007, 10:13 PM) [snapback]489761[/snapback]</div>
    Interesting. I did a Google search on Priuschat and found that the Voice Quality setting is 3 on some 05 cars.

But it may well be true that the Bluetooth setting on mine was never reset. What changed of course was that the sound is now routed through a Cleansweep DSP unit and an aftermarket amp. Not to mention a different set of speakers as well. Thus it's only logical that the default settings no longer produce the same volume and sound quality.

Anyhow, I changed mine to -4, +4, and 3, and everything is almost back to normal. When I tested w/ my wife on the other line, she didn't even realize I was on Bluetooth. But her incoming sound is still a bit distorted. I'll try setting the Rcv level to the minimum (-5) to see if that helps.