1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What are some of the little things that you love about your Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Magnus, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Magnus

Magnus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Not having to ever get a smog check.

When you drive past a semi on a two lane road, no shaking when passing, compared to my other cars.

When you drive through a bunch of butterflies you don't get any smashed onto the windshield, they are deflected away.

Having special parking places at the Goodwill and the Staff of Life for low emission cars where my car won't get banged up with door dings.

It's really red, Barcelona Red.

Turns on a dime and gives you back change.

Comfortable seats.

Adjustable height on the drivers seat. It makes the visibility for me exceptional.

Removable headrests on the rear seats (or fold down) so that I can get the best visibility there as possible.

I have total buyers love for my car, no regrets at all, I wish that I could buy one for everyone in my family.

Upon edit, all of the camping trips we've taken in it where it would have cost us 4 or 5 times in gas compared to taking the truck and trailer. We can fit everything we need into it for 2 or 3 people and not have the view over the rear seats obstructed.

2. michinnom

michinnom Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    nothing other than good mpg. its really a cheap lil car otherwise...

Mobalized likes this.
  3. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Look forward to driving and pissing people off! :LOL:

bikeboy999 and Ray-o-Vac like this.
  4. MPGnutcase

MPGnutcase Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Putting $15 in the tank for a week of driving, watching people look as I pull up then fill up then leave while they still pumping gas into their gas hogs $75 $100 $125.............. ask yourself do you really need a Hummer?? I understand if you need a F150 for work but if you just like to drive one because you enjoy all those Reward Points you get for putting $500 a month of fuel in your tank, well enjoy!!

5. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :)No expectations other than superior fuel mileage, which it delivers.

6. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Laughing at all the winners of the race to the stop light.

iPad ? HD

7. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The thing I miss the most when I drive a different vehicle is the SKS.

Sabby and jdcollins5 like this.
  8. antiglare

antiglare Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I loved the MPGs and that I could go or park anywhere without care. In other words, an awesome econobox that's not too nice to get beat up on in the urban jungle, like a pair of work jeans!

Also, the complete lack of power made me really relax during my drives in the slow lane. Adopted a new commute-hour Zen state of mind because of it!

eth700 and Daddyjeph like this.
  9. Nora

Nora Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It's like driving inside a computer! I'm so enthralled with the technology, and oh, the data! I am such a data geek.

10. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    +1
    I hate digging for the keys in my pocket!
    My wife gets a good chuckle when I walk up to our other cars and just pull the door handle expecting it to unlock and open without using the remote.

Sabby, mgb4tim, ElectronFlux and 2 others like this.
  11. TheLos

TheLos Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The remote AC is a pretty cool feature

hybridbear likes this.
  12. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I like to take breaks in my front passenger seat sometimes. So easy to roll down windows by pressing power button twice. ... easier than key in ignition, turning to acc position.

13. PriusInCA

PriusInCA Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What are some of the little things? The little amount of gas I have to put into the car.

I primarily purchased it for the MPG. But now identified that the brakes are lasting more than 100,000 miles for many... maintenance is hardly less than what is called out for in the owner's manual and few unexpected mechanical issues.

hybridbear likes this.
  14. cary1952

cary1952 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Seeing the look on peoples faces when I tell them I got from Deadwood to Spearfish (14. miles mostly downhill) at 99+ miles per gallon and spent 36 cents. Also like keyless start, backup cam, and JBL stereo , softer seats with heater and power.

hybridbear likes this.
  15. leegart

leegart Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Turning off the ignition after taking the back road way home from work without hyper-miling and seeing 60.8 mpg on the dash readout.

Ray-o-Vac likes this.
  16. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I like how the fuel gauge moves really slow. :D

17. Hoosiermama

Hoosiermama Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I love the color of my car. I love the center console (so Star Trekkie). I really love the Bluetooth connection and being able to press a button on my steering wheel to make a call. I like the USB connection so I can load a ton of songs on it and have it play non-stop. I love the interior room--it's really comfortable. I also like the hidden compartment in the back. We went on a vacation this summer and got a beach blanket and 6 beach towels in there! Four of us drove over 700 miles one way in it ( (2 adults over 6'1", me at 5'9" and a child). I also like that I get free oil changes at my dealership.

18. Magnus

Magnus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What hidden compartment are you talking about? The one under the rear tray? When we go camping I can get about a bag full of stuff in there. Cans of food, dish towels, small boxes, I just tuck whatever I can into there. There's a lot of room! We have been camping for years, Prius camping is a totally different thing for us. I've got it all down now. Huge 12 x 18 tent, porta potti, ice chest, hanging shelf system, pots and pans, lantern, air bed, chairs, everything we need and room to spare. We don't use boxes in the Prius, just pack things in reusable plastic bags and put them in the back seat and make room for the battery vent. I can totally see over everything in the rear because nothing is packed over the rear seat height. It's so amazing that we don't even use our trailer any more, except in the winter when it rains here. It's also so much easier to get tent camping sites here in CA in the popular destinations, we went to Yosemite twice this year in the tent. One site was supposed to fit our trailer, and we took the Prius instead, really glad we didn't drag the truck and trailer up there, it would have been nearly impossible to get the trailer into the site. I just can't stop loving this car.

19. CdotK

CdotK Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    keyless entry and MPG

hybridbear likes this.
  20. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :)My Prius Plug In Advance is well equipped. Rivals a much higher dollar priced car.