1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What are the must have accessories from dealer?

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by zhonda, Nov 19, 2011.

1. zhonda

zhonda New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I am picking up a v in the next 2 weeks, what are the must have accessories from dealer?

Dealer give me a different price quote on the port or dealer installed, why is that?

So far I already have carpet floor mats, mud guards put on the car, is there anything else I must buy from dealer?

Is weathertech all weather mats better than toyota oem?

2. Pfcardwell

Pfcardwell New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Cargo net. Maybe rear rubber mat. Do not get Toyota weather mats for front or rear seat.

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If your dealer offers a clear bra option for the hood and front bumper cover then I would consider it. the high sloped hood takes a beating from rocks. I wish I would have purchased this while my paint was new. It is horribly chipped now. :(

The Weathertech liners are excellent IMO but one person has had a leakage issue when tracking in heavy snow. A great alternative are the Husky liners. The Husky's are cheaper and offer a deeper pan so leakage potential is reduced.

4. Pfcardwell

Pfcardwell New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I bought the Husky in gray for my dark gray seating for $76.00 free shipping from Amazon 2 weeks ago and love them.

5. J5A

J5A Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Defintely OEM cargo mat (although I haven't seen the one for v in person yet, only 2010/2011).

6. M8s

M8s Retired and Lovin' It

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    So far I've installed the following (all from the PCShop) which I consider necessary:

Body Side Moldings. Installed 2 days ago. They've prevented unsightly dings on other cars and, IMO, dress up the plain-looking doors. Very fast and easy install.

Mud Flaps. Installed yesterday. The quarter panels seem to be dirt and tar magnets. On our 2009s they were a desperate necessity and do a great job. Not sure if the vee is as bad for accumulating dirt and tar. (BTW, I can't get over how wide the 17" tires are on our v5. I feel much more confident in the traction offered by those babies.)

Wheel Locks. Installed yesterday. The 17" wheels are really beautiful and would look good on just about any car. Irresistible to some dishonest people, I bet.

Cargo Mat. Installed 2 days ago. I was surprised our tan interior had dark gray carpets. Looks good, though, so I got a dark gray cargo mat. I wanted a carpeted mat because we keep our golf gear back there and carpet is better than a rubber mat for that stuff.

Hard Plastic Bumper Protector. Still waiting for it. The painted bumper can easily get scratched moving stuff in and out. Also, I like to put my foot on the bumper to tie my golf spikes. They've worked well and still look new on our 2009s.

Heat Shield. Still waiting. I've tried one from our 2009s in the vee and it fits pretty well, though it is a little too tight a fit (even for the 2009s). I'll wait and see if Heat Shield comes out with a specific vee series heat shield. We used to buy OEM shields from the dealer but they are more flimsy and we ended up trading the Sienna and RX350 OEM shelds for a better fit.