1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Keeping/Trading My 2010 Prius III

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Crankykentucky, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Crankykentucky

Crankykentucky Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Ok, I am sure this is a common question for Prius owners. But, for those of us who are leasing, I think it is a different kind of question. I love my Prius III, but I talk to a lot of people with newer Prius models who are on their third or fourth Prius.
    In about 6 months I can either keep my Prius or decide where to go with another car. It has the JBL stereo, which is amazing. Otherwise, it is cloth seats and basic Prius. Is the 2013 Prius JBL stereo as good as mine?
    I assume we've all heard the warnings from our "friends" about having to replace the battery on an aging Prius.
    So, are the newer Prius models worth trading for or do you guys vote for keeping the Gen III's?

Thanks!
    Fred

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i would trade it on a pip, nothing but upside!:p

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Since you mention 6 months, I take it you're leasing, right?

LOL re: those "friends". I take it they don't own Priuses or other Toyota hybrids. You've replied to them that they're warranted for 8 years/100K miles and 10 years/150K miles in CA and CARB states, right?

FWIW, I've got my bought my 06 in January 06 and have no intentions of upgrading to Gen 3 (even though I feel Gen 3 is superior) unless my car is stolen or totaled. I might upgrade to a PiP for ONLY for the CA carpool lane sticker benefit if I take on a job where it'd help.

If I don't need HOV stickers and my car isn't totalled, I'll probably upgrade to Gen 4 Prius (whenever that comes out) or a current gen HyCam (I miss having extra power, my mom's 07 NAH is almost the same in terms of acceleration as the current HyCam and it feels almost like a rocket vs. my Prius).

4. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I traded my 2011 Three in for a 2012 PIP. If it wasn't for the great deal, I would have kept it.