1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What are these 2 blanks used for on the Yaris below the shifter and beside the hand brake?

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by TheForce, Aug 10, 2006.

1. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My parents bought a 2007 Toyota Yaris S Sedan and as far as I know they got everything. The only thing I can think of is an AUX port but thats located in the passenger side center hole thingy. Does the Yaris have EV mode that we don't know about? ;) How about IPA? What else could this economy car have that would fit in those holes?

[EDIT] There was a picture here but was lost in the great lame hack attempt. Since I know what they are used for now the picture is no longer needed. :)

On a side note whats with that gear shifter? Over down over down over down over down over down. Then do it all in reverse when your in L. Bad design if you ask me but don't get me wrong I would have bought this car if I was still working on the crappy minimum wage. Its a great car an my parents said they got 43mpg highway and currently getting about 36-38mpg driving to work and back.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The two blanks are for:

power door locks and illuminated cupholders. Those are used in the Scion xA and possibly in countries where power door locks can be equipped without power windows therefore instead of having the power door lock button on the door panels along with the power windows, they'd have ONE power door lock button located in the blanks as shown on the picture (think the Echo).

The design of the shifter is a "gated" design. This eliminates the need to press the button in order to shift the transmission. You really don't have to alternate the direction of force when moving the shifter. Just up and down and the shifter will automatically zigzag up/down.

3. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That all makes since. I like not having to push the button to shift gears. I guess i'm just spoiled by the Prius shifter. Over down to drive, over up for reverse and just down for engine braking. I've never driven a standard either. I've always wanted to learn how to drive a stick shift but no family member owns one and all my friends would not let me try on their car.

4. Drift Motion

Drift Motion RMS13

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    even tho Yaris S is top of the line, theres still 2 package avaliable as "add-on"
    maybe thats what the 2 hole are for?

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Aug 10 2006, 03:12 PM) [snapback]301111[/snapback]</div>
    Mercedes Benz has been using that design for decades.

6. wstander

wstander New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Aug 10 2006, 03:38 PM) [snapback]301136[/snapback]</div>
    You could just buy a car that has a manual tranny, you know. B)

I learned on a 1956 MG A 4-spd, non synchro box. No speedometer either; had to interpret from the Smiths tachometer... :lol: :lol:

7. BobZ

BobZ New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Aug 10 2006, 06:12 PM) [snapback]301111[/snapback]</div>
    Here is a picture of what goes there it's Locks and AUX input not cup holder lights

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...hl%3Den%26lr%3D