1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What are these two cables? Help me not melt my Prius!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by sinfony, Sep 24, 2019.

1. sinfony

sinfony New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello! I'm planning to swap out the factory Nav system (no JBL) in my 2014 Prius 3 with a Pioneer unit. However, after poring over the wiring diagrams I've found, I'm not quite sure what the two plugs at the far right of this picture are:

[​IMG]

To be clear, I'm referring to the blue plug with a gray cable seen in the top right corner of this image, and the white plug directly beneath it that has two black cables running into a sleeve (I believe there's also a third cable tucked in there that you can't see in this picture). Anybody know what these cables are? I'd like to not, you know, destroy the new head unit and/or the car because I didn't know what these wires do.

2. Attila Fekete

Attila Fekete Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The blue one is the sub antenna, the white is the FM antenna.

Fyretuck and sinfony like this.
  3. CallmeSusan

CallmeSusan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    can you tell me where you got the wiring diagrams? I am desperately searching for them

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    techinfo.toyota.com

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have found the Toyota wiring diagrams, weirdly, to be rather sparse on details for antenna connections, compared to how thoroughly they present everything else.