1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What are women looking for in a man?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jared2, Apr 6, 2006.

1. jared2

jared2 New Member

"WHAT do women want from a man? In the past, surveys have overwhelmingly shown that women want a rich man, and men want a good-looking woman. While not much has changed for men, as women's financial independence has increased, it seems that their preferences have changed.

Fhionna Moore and colleagues at the University of St Andrews, UK, analysed questionnaires from 1851 heterosexual women between the ages of 18 and 35. They found that as a woman's level of "resource control" increases - in other words as they become more financially independent - so does their preference for physical attractiveness in potential partners.

Women who had low levels of control over their cash rated the financial status of a man over his looks. Those with a decent source of income rated physical attractiveness more highly. The study will appear in Evolution and Human Behavior.

Economic constraints on women are not as strong as they were 50 years ago, Moore says. "It is this change in comparison to historical constraints that I believe influences mate preferences."

Questionnaires are one thing, but what do women do in real life? Moore says that a study she is working on suggests that the same relationship exists between a woman's resource control and the characteristics that attracted her to her current partner.

We recommend that men who aren't already there get down to the gym, and moisturise.

From issue 2546 of New Scientist magazine, 06 April 2006, page 21"

2. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    They want a lesbian trapped in a mans body! :D

3. jared2

jared2 New Member

Unless they're gay, in which case they want a lesbian trapped in Nicole Kidman's body.

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    my main requirement was someone who i got along with and who could make me smile. looks only last so long, a compatible personality will last a lifetime.

also high on the list was being able to fix things. i hit the jackpot with DH. :D

5. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Almost every survey i have ever read for both men and women in this regard are totally refuted by actions.

Forget generalities, look at who a woman/man is with and THAT is what they wanted in a mate.

6. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

You ever wonder how some couples just don't make sense? I seem to come across those like all the time.

In any event, one of the biggest chick magnets is a bike.

Seriously.

:ph34r:

7. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 7 2006, 12:04 AM) [snapback]236191[/snapback]</div>
    Squid, Quick! Look at this before I change my mind and edit it out: I agree with you! :D

8. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Well, back in my 20's I played the game, and found most 20-30's women wanted the guy that treated them like crap 60% & then like a queen 40% of the time.. (most women will deny this fact).. but just take a look at other cpls. :eek:

Face it if you had a woman and you worshiped the ground she walked on she would get board and start looking else were for the bad boy type. but would most likely come home for the worshiping after shes had her bad boy fun.. :blink:

Yea I have seen guys look like they fell out of the ugly tree and broke every branch on the way down and still pick up decent lookin chicks with a bike. Again its the bad boy persana.... When the chicks are out they look for the bad boy types and they go home they look for a more quiet treat you like a queen type.. ;)

Want the chicks get a bike:

I have noticed the younger chicks like the sport bikes

and the older like the cruisers (thank god I have a cruiser) :p

Women like a man that can make them feel good about them selves, make them laugh, make whoopi like a freight train, and still be presentable in public... :lol:

Below is the perfect man!

[attachmentid=2860]
    His phrases include:

You take the remote, as log as i'm with you, I don't care what we watch.

You've been on my mind all day. That's why I bought you theese flowers.

Why don't we go the the mall, didn't you want some shoes.

You know honey, why don't you just relax and let me make dinner tonight.

The ball game is not that important, I'd rather spend time with you.

You know, I think it's really important that we talk about our relationship.

Plus many more!

9. jared2

jared2 New Member

You take the remote, as log as i'm with you, I don't care what we watch.
    [Doesn't apply - my wife hates TV, and I can understand why. Is there anything worth watching besides Family Guy?]

You've been on my mind all day. That's why I bought you theese flowers.
    [There is a whole horticultural industry built on male guilt]

Why don't we go the the mall, didn't you want some shoes.
    [I actually do have to shop with my wife - she needs my opinion]

You know honey, why don't you just relax and let me make dinner tonight.
    [Make dinner? You are joking, right?]

The ball game is not that important, I'd rather spend time with you.
    [No problem here - if there is anything more boring than sports, I haven't found it yet - fine for children under 12, though]

You know, I think it's really important that we talk about our relationship.
    [Never, never, never. What is this obsession with explication?]

10. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Apr 7 2006, 06:02 AM) [snapback]236257[/snapback]</div>
    :lol:

What more needs to be said? This guy is 1000000% right on!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Apr 7 2006, 01:17 AM) [snapback]236201[/snapback]</div>
    :lol:

I had to quickly "quote" THIS one!

11. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, a bike by itself isn't going to win any hearts. It also helps if you're cute, funny, good looking, rich, kind to children and other small animals, handsome, smart, wealthy, confident, and have bedroom eyes and buns of steel. For some reason, being able to cook and knowing which end of the vacuum goes on the floor also seem to be big turn ons. Oh yeah, I forgot SINGLE. (Dang. I was doing so well up to that point.) :lol:

12. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Apr 6 2006, 10:07 AM) [snapback]235855[/snapback]</div>
    Probably close to the truth :p

I make enough money so rich is not it, I can fix most anything and can cook very well. Someone who would clean the kitchen once in a while, take out the trash, make me laugh and challenge me would probably be fine. No mama's boys!

I would not be interested in the guy with the bike, but if he has a Prius......

13. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A good friend of mine once said at a party that he wanted to be a lesbian, because he liked to do all the things they do. We're still laughing about it. Yes, the gays and lesbians thought it was funny too.

Note: edited to add the last sentence.