1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What are you eating for lunch?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Jul 28, 2006.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    2 pieces of toast 2 slices of cheese. Yum.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Early lunch, cold leftover chinese.
    Late lunch, cold leftover spaghetti.

Yes, I eat two lunches. I subscribe to the multiple small meals philosphy. And when I'm at work, I don't reheat leftovers.

3. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yogurt, an apple and granola. Sometimes veggie wraps, sometimes turkey on whole wheat.

4. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    M-T a pita spread with hummos and lots of leafy greens sprinkled with a few tablespoons of ground flax seed (sometimes with tempeh or tofu). On fridays a huge bagel and cream cheese and bit sized chocolate donut. You can see I like Fridays the best!

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    instant ramen lunch... can always tell when it's getting close to payday... :lol:

normally it's a turkey sandwich with lettuce and cheese, and a yogurt cup. and maybe a cookie.

6. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Jul 28 2006, 03:14 PM) [snapback]293951[/snapback]</div>
    You're like a Hobbit! First lunch, second lunch! :)

7. tnthub

tnthub Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    20 ounces of Dunkin Donuts coffee. No solids...

8. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I had Taco Bell for lunch...I'm a fast food junkie right now.

9. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Jul 28 2006, 01:47 PM) [snapback]293966[/snapback]</div>
    galaxee, look at any Top Ten list of the WORST available foods. (Not "wurst", Cheesehead, WORST.) Do you happen to notice instant ramen anywhere? It's #3 on my most recent one.

You're a scientist, right? But yer brain cells contain enough MSG (and God knows what else) to enhance the flavor of tapioca. Your work may be riddled with errors after you've eaten Top Ramen.

And think of the, ah, possible future generations (see "Rancid"). Next time, look deeper into the back of yer refrigerator shelves. :rolleyes:

10. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    smoothie, contents:

cup raspberries
    cup blueberries
    cup red grape
    banana
    protein powder
    ice

this is typical for day off. could buy something similiar but would cost $5... too cheap to do that. on work days, usually, much the same except one at a time.

i work 10 hours, have 3 breaks and an hour lunch. i eat on every one of them. its much better for you to graze often than to gorge 3 times a day.

i do have a HUGE weakness for pizza. probably eat that 1-2 times a week. always get the extra large (for 2 of us, makes plenty of left overs) so that would be lunch as well.

11. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jack Kelly @ Jul 28 2006, 03:36 PM) [snapback]294017[/snapback]</div>
    Hey! :blink: I can't help what I eat (some of the time). If it were my decision, I'd be having a grilled chicken & spinach salad w/grape tomatoes, red onions and honey-dijon dressing everyday for lunch. However, unfortunately the baby and/or my stomach doesn't want anything to do with said salad...I tried force-feeding myself the salad a few times, but my gag reflex was so strong that I was forced to go to the nearest drive-thru.

12. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jack Kelly @ Jul 28 2006, 06:36 PM) [snapback]294017[/snapback]</div>
    it's also on the top 5 grad-student staple foods list... and on the top 2 cheapest foods list... but i personally avoid it whenever possible.

mmm... glutamate. more neurotransmitter! (sorry, science geek, you mentioned it so i had to oblige) :lol:
    actually something charged like glutamic acid- MSG without the sodium- won't cross the blood-brain barrier. self protective mechanism to control the environment around all those neurons (d'oh! another geek comment...)

er... no pregnancy in the forseeable future...

anyway looking deeper only yields that obligatory baking-soda box back there. i've accepted it. unusual circumstances call for the occasional ramen lunch. oh well. ;)

13. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

My husband loves ramen. I used to force myself to eat in when I was in college, broke and starving but I can't do that anymore. Just looking at it makes me gag.

Today's lunch consisted of baked potato wedges, jell-o and water. Bland food is delicious! :mellow:

14. kDB

kDB New Member

usually 1 QT of gatorade. once in a while a candybar too. then again my lunch is at 1am.

15. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

16. AuntBee

AuntBee New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It's different every day, but today it was an Amy's hot-pocket with brocolli/cheese, Progresso lentil soup, apple, and piece of homemade brownie. On weekends, I sleep late and have breakfast for lunch.

17. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, lunch was off today.

I went to may parents house, we were attending a retirement/change of command and I had to take my Mom to pick up their car. ($700 for 8 spark plugs for a 1998 Caddy sedan de ville.)

I dropped her off and went back to their house and took the soup off the stove and waited. I got hungy and made myself an english muffin.

When she didn't come back I finally called and they said she was on her way. She arrived a few minute madder than....the car was ready but it took them 30 min to do the paperwork.

So noone got any lunch. We left immediately.

The retirement/change of command was very impressive. Naval hospital. Luckily there was a reception afterwards and we all got lunch.

I got: one eggroll (vegetable and awful), small rolled turkey sandwich (slightly soggy), small roast beef sandwich (dinner roll with a slice of roast beef), one piece of chicken on a skewer. Fruit. I passed on the vegetables. Bottle of water. Ate a brownie and passed on the cake, which wasn't cut until half the guests had left already.

It was catered and NOT by the Navy. Too bad. They should have contracted with the mess on base.

For dinner:

We had the chicken soup (home made) from lunch. Plus a small salad and a hard boiled egg.

Chicken soup recipe:

chicken soup

18. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Ummmmmm.....Cuban Food!

Lomo Saltado - Steak mairinated with tomatos, onions, and peppers...served on top of fries, with white rice, black beans and platanos (a type of banana).

Needless to say, I was sleepy the rest of the day!

Geez...getting hungry just remembering it!

19. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Breakfast: protien shake

Lunch, Subway:
    1) 6" dbl meat Turkey sub w/lettus & spinach
    2) 1 small bag of baked doritos
    3) 1 med iced tea
    4) 1 chocolate chip & 1 peanut butter cookie.

20. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm, today is leftover BBQ chicken and steamed zucchini. For snacks I have pistacio's and sugar free jello.