1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What bluetooth options are available for the Prius II?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by fuel_miser, Aug 30, 2009.

1. fuel_miser

fuel_miser New Member

Model:
    II
    I've seen the $1k JBL option that includes Bluetooth. Is there a way to add BlueTooth to the standard head unit?

thanks

2. lamontcranston

lamontcranston Umbra Tenet

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Not to the head unit per se, but blu-logic makes a dealer-installable kit that's very satisfying to me. It uses an unused area under the power button for its controls and the sound comes through your sound system.

It should be $300-$400.

3. rbmintz

rbmintz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I believe that if it's factory or port installed then it's to the head unit. I got the Blu-logic dealer installed on on my II and it's OK. There's no voice activation and as my Iphone doesn't have it either, I still need to dial the number. I'm told sound qualtiy on my voice is good, and what I receive is fine.

4. Mystic

Mystic New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have the Blu-Logic bluetooth and I like it a lot. At first, I was unhappy that the dealer added this and "got" me for another $299. After all, I already have a bluetooth headset that works well. The first two weeks with the car, I didn't even try and pair my phone with it. Finally I decided to pair my Razr and love it!! Sound quality is good and the voice commands work great with my phone. So much better than having the headset on.

Michael

5. Airbalancer

Airbalancer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i think using my head set is easy to use then the bt on the radio

6. JRitt

JRitt Bio-Medical Equip. Tech

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I had the Blu Logic Bluetooth added to my Prius II for $229 and it sounds great both incoming and outgoing.