1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What Bluetooth Phone and Phone Service do you Use In OC?

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by inventor00, Aug 10, 2004.

1. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Which phone service works for you that has bluetooth in OC? What phone do you like best?

2. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    T-Mobile and a Nokia 3650 work just fine for me. The 3650 or 3660 is a GSM phone, which means AT&T Wireless, Cingular or T-Mobile (latter two use the same network through roaming partnerships) are your choice of carriers.

I'm sure there are other BT phones now though.

3. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have Cingullar and a T616 mobile. I have no problems with either and get great reception in my Prius. Great phone.

4. tollhouse

tollhouse New Member

Cingular and Ericsson T616. Audio good listening to a landline phone. Very garbled when listening to another cel phone. display unreadable in sunlight, even in the car.

Tollhouse

5. cpautler

cpautler New Member

Great deal on cingular

I have a Motorola v600 which I'm very happy with except the transfer of numbers to the car is a bit of a pain as I think you have to do it one by one. The other problem I have is that I have to turn on the bluetooth on my phone each time I get into the car. I don't know if this is a common problem with all phones though. It would be nice if the bluetooth(on the phone) was always on. The reception is awesome though.
    I got the phone through a guy in L.A. that works for cingular and can get the things for great prices. When I got my phone it was going for about $300 and I got it for $80. If you're interested, check out the cingulair website to find a phone Cingular you like and e-mail him at [email protected]
    Don't know if he'll remember me, but tell him Chris told you about him. I think the actual deal is 75% off the phone and like 10% or 20% off the monthly rates. He's a good guy too.