1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What can I use this for? I need some ideas.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by TheForce, Aug 4, 2006.

1. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I found this little device the other day and had to buy it. Its a self destruct button. :eek: :D I'm thinking about building a disruptor canon that sits in the back of my Prius. It would be pointed out the rear and when activated it will kill the engine of the tailgater behind me. :D

Its actually a USB hub for the PC. When you activate the button it makes a BOOM sound on its built in speaker. Its mostly a desk toy. :D You can get one here. GeekStuff4U.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    haha awesome!

3. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    That's way cool! :D

And here I was looking into adding some time machine mods. :p

4. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Aug 4 2006, 03:59 PM) [snapback]297941[/snapback]</div>
    I'd buy one tomorrow if it had a little digital indicator that counted down the time to destruction. Does the key come out?

5. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Aug 5 2006, 09:36 PM) [snapback]298472[/snapback]</div>
    A count down timer would be cool and yes the key comes out. You also get 2 keys.

6. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'd put it on my PC at work.

A countdown would be awesome. Too bad it can't be set to shut down the system when it gets to "0".

7. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

<strike>How much are they? How can I get one?</strike>
    I'll have to add a hidden panel with hydraulics though.
    :D
    I shouln't try to read when it is so late...or type.

8. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

Ok, I figured it out. You can use it to turn on the ICE, but only in emergencies. :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Aug 5 2006, 08:45 PM) [snapback]298476[/snapback]</div>
    Perhaps 2 self-destruct systems would be appropriate. That way, the passenger and the driver have to insert and turn the keys at the same time.

That's a great mod.

Reminds me of someone who put an \\\EJECT/// sticker over their [Park] button.

10. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Aug 5 2006, 10:44 PM) [snapback]298506[/snapback]</div>
    Well my keyboard has a shutdown button. Maybe If I could find a usb keyboard with the same button I could rip the encoder out and make the destruct button tie into that. Then just route the keyboard endoder to one of the usb ports. Yeah I think that could work. I think I will try to build that when I have time. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Aug 6 2006, 11:31 PM) [snapback]298852[/snapback]</div>
    Adding an extra key would be simple. All you would have to do is reroute some wires and put the locks in series. That way both have to be turned to activate. :D Sounds likanotherer cool mod.

I think I will turn my park button into an EJECT button now. :)

11. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Holy crap! This thread got hijacked by people complaining about threads getting hijacked. LOL!!! :D :D

I like the destruct button too. It made me laugh. I'd be ever so tempted to cut out a spot in my dash to fit that thing. Put it on the passenger side and then anyone who rides will obviously ask about it... then you can slam on the brakes and shout "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"

12. GreenSpeed

GreenSpeed New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Sep 12 2006, 06:34 AM) [snapback]318252[/snapback]</div>
    OMG!!! I nearly died laughing. Too Funny! I thought it was hilarious to start with, but that just cracked me up. As an individual in the IT industry a 'Nerd' if you will... I've a deep murth about the whole self-destruct usb thing-a-majig. It's tooo funny...

13. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Sep 12 2006, 08:34 AM) [snapback]318252[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, it did. I deleted posts completely off topic and heavily edited another that had those off topic posts quoted and commented to.

Keep that stuff in Fred's when at all possible, take things with a grain of salt and don't be so touchy.... And quit making so much work for me! ;)
    </span>

14. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 13 2006, 08:21 AM) [snapback]318872[/snapback]</div>
    I thought this thread suddenly got a lot smaller...

Anyways, if it were me (and it probably will be before too long), i'd record some girl with a real sexy voice say something like "Ten seconds until passenger seat eject. 9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...Have a nice day." into a microphone, then figure out how to cut into the sound system, either like the bluetooth phone does when you have a call (so everything else stops), or like the nav does, except have it spoken out the passenger speaker instead of the drivers door speaker.

Of course, it'll be the first thing someone asks when they get in the car, so i'll tell them it's a special lockout i made for added security in the car, and hand them the key. "When there's a passenger in the car, you have to activate that exactly 1 minute after i put the car in drive. It's to help prevent someone from jumping in with a gun and taking me for a joyride"

15. tacomel

tacomel New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Sep 13 2006, 08:54 AM) [snapback]318888[/snapback]</div>
    Just do what I did - take your favorite song, use an audio editor, splice the countdown in after about 30 seconds, and record the whole thing to CD. Then, with practice, use a little social engineering to get your passenger to do something that starts the self-destruct countdown. (Or better yet, start it up if they're doing a test drive!) Act really surprised, but conveniently figure out how to "cancel" this just at the right time.

It takes a little practice. It took me a couple hours to mix the tracks just right, but I am very proud of my 100% success rate (and happy that my uncle did not actually have a heart attack).

16. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Of course if it's truly a self-destruct button then you need to install it on a Ford Extrusion or similar vehicle. A Lexus SUV will suffice in a pinch.