1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What can you fit into a Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by qbee42, Feb 12, 2007.

1. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This topic comes up from time to time, so I will add another chapter. How about a 10" radial arm saw, table, and stand, plus room for three adults and luggage. I wanted to give my old saw to my son, but he lives way south in Detroit. I dreaded having to drive our gas guzzling van that far, but thought that there would be no way that the saw would fit in the Prius. Wrong again! Long live the hatch-back! I took these two photos after loading the saw and assorted accessories, but before tossing in the luggage, pillows, and other miscellaneous stuff.

Tom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Great thread. Everyone post their pics. I know there are other threads but lets make this like the Glamor Shot thread.

Attached Files:

3. joe hybrid

joe hybrid Junior Member

Great, encouraging photos.
    I'm a prospective buyer and its good to see there is some cargo carrying room.
    Joe

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I don't have any photos.

I drove up to L.A. to pick up a vintage art deco singer sewing machine cabinet/desk and had room to spare. Oh and it had a stool that went with it.

Also once I put a large overstuffed leather chair and ottoman I bought on impulse at Target in the cargo area. Had to put the rear seats down for that. (They normally don't carry them but it was a return and marked way down. The only thing I noticed was they had put the wrong feet on the chair and ottoman. They were unscrewed when the car was packed so when I got home I just put them on the correct feet.)

[​IMG]

5. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Don't have any photos either, but...

...back when I still had my '05 Prius I went to Best Buy and bought a multivoltage 40" Sony LCD TV to take to Africa with me. During checkout they told me to pull my "truck" around and some kid would help me load it into my vehicle. When I pull up with my Prius the kid just rolled up his eyes and let out a grunt that sounded like he thought there is no way it would ever fit, but with the rear seats down the TV in its box was able to lie flat between the wheel wells and slide all the way in with room to spare, causing no problem to close the hatch. The kid was shocked and amazed that it fit so well, even without requiring some outlandish SUV.

6. Essayons

Essayons Essayons

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No picture here either...but my wife and I got 4 bar stools in the back, also for a trip we got 2 adults and 2 teenagers with luggage for a 4 day trip to NY City. More room than it looks.

7. Spingoddess

Spingoddess New Member

This is the topic that tipped the scales in favor of me insisting that our next car would be a Prius. Last August I participated in a 92 mile relay race in NJ. Four of my 7 people team drove in my friend's Prius. We packed that car so full we couldn't see out the rear window at all-- everyone had brought a big cooler, bags of food and gym bags with extra clothes and shoes. At times we had 5 adults in the car, with stuff piled on their laps! It was amazing what that car held that day. If the car could hold that much under extreme conditions, I knew it would be fine for everyday use. The space, plus the small amount of gas we used for the trip (50 minute drive to the start, 92 miles down, then about 1.25 hours back home) led to my picking up my Prius last week.

My husband, 6'2" and 230, originally objected that a Prius would be too small. After I got it, he found it quite spacious, and now I'm lucky if I get to drive it at all when he's home.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ Feb 12 2007, 01:42 PM) [snapback]388988[/snapback]</div>

8. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    we're moving in a couple weeks. again. this will be our second move with the prius... and i'll see if i can't get some shots of what fits in there this time.

last time i was quite impressed.

9. Earthling

Earthling New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    No photo's, but I hauled a 37" LCD HDTV and a stand for it home from the mall. Sure, it is a narrow TV, but the box sure isn't narrow, and it's very long.

This issue of space tipped the balance in favor of a Prius over a Honda Civic hybrid, because with the battery pack, you give up the fold-down rear seats in a hybrid Civic.

Harry

10. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Earthling @ Feb 13 2007, 04:28 PM) [snapback]389727[/snapback]</div>
    That was a deal breaker for me too.

Tom