1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What caused my Stored Favorites to disappear??

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by parnami, Mar 3, 2012.

1. parnami

parnami Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    My V5 is approaching 3 months old..and I love it. But, today, I was surprised to find all of my stored favorites in the nav system gone! Even "Home"..was wiped out! I have the standard nav system (no ATP). No buttons were pushed to clear the system but, the car did sit unused for 6 days, though that shouldn't wipe out the memory, I don't think. Any ideas what happened? It's a pain to have to reload everything I had stored, especially if this becomes a regular occurance. :(

2. Harry Pottar

Harry Pottar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I don't know why you lost the information but I know of friends that have lost this information after a service.

There is an option to save the contact and Nav data to a USB device. Buy a USB memory stick there pretty cheap around $10-$15 stick it in the USB port of the car and save the information to it. Then if ever you need to replace the lost data you just choose restore.

I know this does not help you now, but after you have re-entered the information make a back up and regularly back up the information especially just before a service visit.

harry

3. parnami

parnami Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I didn't know it was possible to store the data to a mem stick. I already do have one plugged in..for music...so, that's not a problem. However, I don't recall seeing a way to do what your suggesting?? If this works, it's a GREAT solution though!!!

4. Harry Pottar

Harry Pottar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Make sure the car is on and in park, go to setup, general, scroll down and you will see two option. First one stores the information on the stick, the second restores. Note the restore will be grayed out until the car detects saved data.

1 person likes this.
  5. parnami

parnami Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    YES!! Success! Thanks a lot! I had been concerned about losing all my stored data every few months and the thought was horrible. Problem solved!! I can sleep again and return to dreaming nice thoughts about my car!!! :)

6. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    It was thinking the evil thoughts about your car that probably made the car go Wahahahah on you.