1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What color on solar roof package...blizzard pearl, winter gray, or classic silver?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by exbauer, May 9, 2010.

?
  1. Blizzard pearl

19 vote(s)
    59.4%
  2. Winter gray

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. Classic silver

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So, I am looking in getting a III with solar package and torn between colors. I have narrowed it down to blizzard pearl, winter gray, and classic silver. I will be getting the dark gray interior in all of them. I am leaning towards the blizzard pearl or classic silver since I like the contrast of the solar roof. I have had 2 winter gray Pri and like the color since it is dark and muted and doesn't show scratches or swirl marks easily. I like the silver since it really hides dirt and scratches. I have never been a white color car person. But, the blizzard looks nice. Sometimes I think it is too cream/yellow for me. Which color would you choose? Pros and cons of each color?

2. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Blizzard has the ability to pop in unique lighting in ways that the other two cannot. I think Winter Gray is far too muted - haven't liked it from the start (sorry Danny). My folks have a Classic Silver (w/o solar) and it's also a nice color, but BP is just unique to itself.

My combo is BP w/ Solar, but w/ light gray interior (made more sense in AZ).

For a side-by-side of BP and Silver (w/o solar), see this Picasa album:

Picasa Web Albums - HTMLSpinnr (Rick) - Two 2010 Priu...

One photo here (silver on the left, BP on the right w/ solar):
    [​IMG]

And "dirty", Blizzard Pearl still looks clean from a distance.

[​IMG]

Another example of the BP "pop", along w/ the metallic character:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. supertomtom

supertomtom New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Those are beautiful pics of the blizzard pearl. I voted for blizzard pearl because that's what I would've gotten have I not chosen the red. Love the contrast.

4. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Blizzard: Best contrast with Solar Roof, hides dust best (becomes a different shade of white) but less effective at hiding dirt.

Silver: Less effective at hiding dust than white (looks dirtier rather than become a different shade of silver), but better at hiding dirt. Too much black on silver can be overpowering depending on personal opinion (if you don't like limo tint on silver, you won't care for SR on it either).

Winter Gray: Poor contrast with SR, high maintenance like a black car, can look faded black in certain lighting conditions but otherwise a chameleon which is a plus for some owners.

I'd definitely get Blizzard Pearl if I were to get SR.

5. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    thanks HTMLSpinnr. the bp really does show well with the solar roof. i will have to go to the dealer again to look at the colors again. i think winter gray is out. i think it is time for a change.

6. jaywolf

jaywolf Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

We have the silver and are glad because 80% of the 2010 Prius's in town are Blizard pearl, I have only seen one other silver one and it doesn't have a sun roof.

7. Eoin

Eoin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm getting red. It makes all the other colors look bland.

8. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I actually decided on a IV in BP with dark gray. The dealer is going to locate one, but can't wait to get back into a 2010.

9. Dan bo

Dan bo Prius Fan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Silver for me ... although I do like the BP as well

[ame=http://www.flickr.com/photos/d_bolger/sets/72157623785026745/show/]2010 Prius[/ame]

10. J&TFalk

J&TFalk New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Dan, those are beautiful pictures you took! I love the colors and composition, they should be hanging in a musuem! :)

1 person likes this.
  11. Dan bo

Dan bo Prius Fan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you J&TFalk very kind praise indeed. :)

Photography has been a small hobby for a few years now, still lots to learn but fun. Especially with the new car which I think has some great lines. I also got some inspiration from another forum member's (Cheep72) photos of his Barcelona Red Prius.

12. jukeboy

jukeboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I love BP, but getting a perfect paint repair after an accident would be close to impossible

13. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am worried about that also. Hopefully I will never have to experience that...knock on wood. The dealer couldn't locate a BP with dark gray, so I will have to settle for misty gray. Going to pick it up Monday.

14. ghosteh

ghosteh Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    BP is an amazing color, and it looks even better with the contrasting roof. I liked the silver also, but the BP somehow looks "cleaner" and more modern. It definately has a lot of eye appeal.

I have the bisque interior (leather) with black carpets & mats. Looks great! The contrast (exterior & interior) definately makes the car more attractive, IMHO.

(oops... didn't realize this thread was that old! Sorry for digging up the past! lol!)

15. Repulseandglide

Repulseandglide Analyst/Therapist

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I had the same difficulty picking my 2012 IV with solar. Eliminated silver because we already have a silver sienna.
    One of the local dealers had both a gray and BP IV with solar, so I actually brought them out and parked them side by side, took photos, and thought about it for a couple days (I'll try to post a photo later tonight). Gray looked dignified, BP looked sporty: the solar roof, grill, mirror stems all "pop" (sorry for using that term).
    Chose the BP-- just looked like the car I wanted to drive.

16. SuperchargedMR2

SuperchargedMR2 Diehard Rams Fan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I love our BP with solar sunroof, by far the best color look IMO. :D