1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What deals can I get with Costco for a 2017 Prius 2?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by ridprius, Jun 7, 2017.

1. ridprius

ridprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello, I went to a couple dealerships and here are the deals I got (attached). I recently got a Costco membership and heard you can qualify for an auto discount. What are the deals you can get through Costco and should I go this route? Also, would I also be able to get a graduate student discount (I recently graduated) and 0% 48-month financing?

Attached Files:

2. Lwirmo

Lwirmo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I tried Costco auto three times in the last two years. To me it was not very helpful. Last try was last Friday. Basically you enter your info and the dealer will call you in a few minutes. They will then tell you they will have to show you the invoice number and you will just pay $2000 under the invoice price. Plus you will get a 50% off coupon to buy parts or services from that dealer. The coupon is good for 6 months and the saving is capped at $200.

What I end up doing was i got the truecar pricing. Then started a price from the price chart. Asked the three dealers from truecar contact to bid against each other. Before I left my home, I got the price I wanted, much lower than the Costco pricing. Make sure you asked the dealer you picked to send you the VIN and the configs, possible even snap you a pic of the car to proof they truly have it.

Bottom line is if you want hassle free experience, pay more using Costco auto. Otherwise, a little bit of work will get you a better deal.

By the way the dealer offered 4.61% for 72 months. I did not bargain since I already planned to pay it out right until I found out my local credit union offered 1.49% for 36 months. I paid $5000 used my credit card to earn some reward points, then pull most of the money I paid back out. You can prequalify to save the extra work. My FICO was over 760

#2 Lwirmo, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017