1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What device is AVX?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by victor, Jun 8, 2005.

1. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    In the diagnostic screen the EMV device had gone and been replaced by an AVX device. Any idea what AVX is? address is 120H.

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

EMV is the display. Mine shows up as EMV and I do have the NAV. Don't have any description for what AVX is. They may use something different in your country. Do you have different AV options than we do?

3. victor

victor New Member

I dont think so.

The strang thing is I use to have it. as you can see here
    http://priuschat.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=915

but now its gone. As posted in Prius Online, I had had a service, then started to get lockup on the audio after using the phone. Checking error codes showed EMV as NCON and a few other errors. I cleared codes and rebooted. still the same. Hit Memory CLR and the EMV went. Everything else went OK including AVX which I have never seen before. Since then no more lockups.

I was thinking perhape a new software had been installed, but the technician didnt mention anything about it.

I will ask him Friday if he put new software on, as Ihave to go there for something else.

AVX is mentioned in the docs "Detailed description of the Diagnosis Screen" page 05-1560 on my CD, bu only says its at address 120H.

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

5. victor

victor New Member

Yes, interesting link.

I have uploaded pictures of my diag screens in the album http://priuschat.com/forums/album_personal...hp?user_id=1777 some are a bit dark, esp on the thumbnails, but all can be read.

Note my navi is AISIN not Denso. according to the diags, but the navi diags shows a status (STS) of "P" and "-" which AFAIK is a Denso status.

:?