1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What Did You Get Your Honey For Valentine's Day?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Spunky, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Spunky

Spunky New Member

I got Dan a big box of chocolate covered cherries, a cute card (what was written in it is none of your business!) Also made reservations at our favorite local restaurant.

Dan brought home a dozen red roses, a two-kitty-cat card, and a gift certificate from a book store. He also paid for dinner.

Dinner
    Me: crab cake appetizer, a wonderful pork saltimbocca, mashed potatoes and veges, creme bruelle (shared), two glasses of champagne.
    He: a delicious crab bisque, surf and turf with medium rare petite filet and a crab cake, potatoes, veges, chocolate dipped strawberries (shared), two glasses of cabernet.

The roses are out on the kitchen table. They're just beautiful. :wub:

2. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

I pulled a Forrest Gump.....box o'chocolates and a card. Since I had meetings into the evening, I didn't get home in time to take the beautiful wife to dinner.

What she got me???.....a reminder of how lucky I am to be married to her :D

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    he made me dinner (which was excellent) and i got him the arcade game he's been wanting for months. oh yeah, and we exchanged cards and all that too. :)

4. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I got my honey OEM floor mats and cargo mats at half the retail price! :D

Wait.. you mean honey as my girl friend? oh.. hm.. i got her tiffany necklace and chocolate that she likes. (I hope she'll never read this) :eek:

5. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We went out for lunch on the 13th and had the place to ourselves. On the 14th, I bought her a dozen roses and cooked her dinner when she finished work. After dinner we...no, never mind. :D

6. JMcPhee

JMcPhee New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I got her $300 to Burke Williams(a day spa), an arrangement of exotic flowers, and a Mylar helium balloon that plays "You're Still the One" every tie you bump it. In addition, I picked up our daughter and had her fed, bathed adn ready for bed when mommy got home - I then made her dinner, also waiting for her when she got home - standard fare, Chicken with spices and cheese casseroled with stuffing, with a side of steamed snap pea pods. :D

She got me... nada. :huh:

7. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

ummm...pics would be helpful! :lol: :lol: :lol:

just kidding - wouldn't want the moderators kickin in!

8. Spunky

Spunky New Member

:lol: :lol:

Oh, you're in trouble now!

9. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    We got each other cards. He had to work on both the 13th and the 14th and didn't get home until well after 10pm (I was in bed by 9:45). So we're getting together to do something tonight instead. Probably we'll go out for dinner (I honestly wouldn't mind some CPK, mmm pizza) or get takeout, and watch a movie at home and then Lost. I don't feel like cooking today.

10. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

Mods... delete my post please! :p :lol:

11. slortz

slortz New Member

I love my wife dearly but I'm hopelessly unromantic. :(
    "You want roses? Okay, go ahead and buy them if you want." That was me this Valentine's Day.
    Yes, I know it seems cold but there is a history of discussions between my wife and I about spending money on something as ephemeral as roses and she was not really bothered by me saying this.
    We still had a great day together but showed our love in other ways. Imagine what you like. ;)

12. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    LOL...for some reason your post just reminded me of my visit to Ralph's last night for a quick grocery run. There was a line of men at the florist's counter that was at least 15 deep. They all looked unhappy to be there. <_<

13. slortz

slortz New Member

:lol: I am forever thankful that my wife is incredibly low maintenance. :)

Since I knew nothing about jewelry, I had my mom help me shop for an engagement ring for her. Big mistake. <_< I spent waaay too much on a ring she is now afraid to wear. Ugh. I think about all of the other uses we could have put that money to other than a tiny useless stone that sits in a safe deposit box. :(

14. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

nothing
    every day is like Valentine's Day :)

15. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I got her a new iMac (my daughter works for Apple), Flowers, 2 cards one romantic one funny and I cooked dinner. Just in case you think the computer is for me I have my own PowerBook. We have to both be on line at the same time! I also got an iSight for the kids so she could Video chat with them.

16. slortz

slortz New Member

Wow! Can I be your Valentine too? :lol:

17. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

We went out for a nice cuban lunch. My husband doesn't believe in V-day... still I got some tulips and a bottle of my favorite wine. No biggie. We just had our 8 year anniversary on the 2nd and our 1st wedding anniversary is on June 3rd so typically, V-day is just another day for us. :)

18. Zacher

Zacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    1/2 dozen white roses seemed like a good balance between, "Awww, that's sweet, they're lovely!" and, "You spent $85 on flowers?"

Sometimes I wish I had the kind of spouse who liked expensive things, it sure would make the shopping easier.

Wait, I take back that wish!

19. Subversive

Subversive New Member

Some jewelry, including some more Offerings/sajen (which we both really like) and a little vintage sterling pin of a Jensen-style bird in a heart shape, some more birdlife tapes & DVDs, and two nights with me at the Victorian suite of a B&B on the Cape, with king bed, giant in-room hottub, and a 61" TV viewable from either, to watch the birdlife stuff. She really likes birds.

20. jayway

jayway New Member

2005 she got the Prius,
    This year I sold the prius and ordered an 06,
    She got a red suit case,
    along with the promise of a trip