1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What Different?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by kknguyen1168, Feb 8, 2014.

1. kknguyen1168

kknguyen1168 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi All

Does any body know what is the different between Toyota Extend Warranty and Toyota Extra Care?

V/r

Khoi Nguyen

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ask your dealer for details, but I believe the extra care is what they call the 2 year free maintenance that comes with all their new car purchases.

SCH-I535

3. pmike

pmike Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The amount of money left in your wallet.

4. kknguyen1168

kknguyen1168 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    hi

The reason I was asking because friend of mine bought 7y/100k miles, what will dealer do after 2ys free maintenance? what dealer going to do for next 5ys and 76k miles?

will they change oil free everything 10k until 100k or what else?

V/r

Khoi Nguyen

5. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    No, the free oil changes end after the 2 years or whatever miles. All maintenance then is paid for by the owner. Keep records of all maintenance done, so Toyota, or the third party warranty company can't deny any claims.

SCH-I535

6. dhancock

dhancock 2 Prius Family

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    It look like the basic difference (between an extended WARRANTY and a MAINTENANCE PLAN) may have been overlooked. The extended warranty covers many parts failures that occur during the warranty period (7 years, 100K) is a typical extended warranty period. It usually excludes basic wear items, such as wiper blades, tires, brakes, light bulbs, etc. It also does not cover regular maintenance such as oil changes, fluid changes, etc. In fact, keeping the warranty in force requires that the regular maintenance recommended by Toyota be done.

Maintenance plans, such as the free 2 year Toyota "Extra Care" are essentially plans that cover the basic service maintenance items, and do not include replacing failed parts or wear items.