1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What Do Politicians Drive?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by eyeguy13, Apr 28, 2006.

1. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Maybe not all politicians, but according to Bob Franken of CNN:

"FRANKEN: ...the parking lots for members of Congress around the Capitol look like "Gas-Guzzlers Are Us," which look like parking lots just about everywhere else in this country."

MSNBC was reporting all the speeches yesterday in front of gas stations in DC and noted that most politicians drove away in SUV's.

Shouldn't our politicians practice what they preach?

I remember when Jimmy Carter asked Americans to turn down their thermostats to save on heating oil and did it wearing a sweater in the White House. That's leadership!

2. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eyeguy13 @ Apr 28 2006, 10:37 AM) [snapback]246621[/snapback]</div>
    I listened to a story on NPR about those speeches yesterday, and they noted that many of the congressmen drove ONE BLOCK to get there.

3. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This picture goes perfectly with this subject...found it this morning on Yahoo!

The caption reads: "House Speaker Dennis Hastert of Ill., center, gets out of a Hydrogen Alternative Fueled automobile, left, as he prepares to board his SUV, which uses gasoline, after holding a news conference at a local gas station in Washington, Thursday, April 27, 2006 to discuss the recent rise in gas prices. Hastert and other members of Congress drove off in the Hydrogen-Fueled cars only to switch to their official cars to drive back the few block back to the U.S. Capitol. (AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais)"

Hmm...what's the word I'm looking for...oh yeah, HYPOCRITES! :angry:

4. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

would have liked to see at least SOMEONE show up on a bicycle

5. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

Hey listen up, Your paying his wages.

6. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(geologyrox @ Apr 28 2006, 09:54 AM) [snapback]246693[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah...and it's not like chubbsie-ubbsie (in the pic) couldn't benefit from getting his fat nice person on a bike once in awhile.

7. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frank Hudon @ Apr 28 2006, 02:32 PM) [snapback]246769[/snapback]</div>

I wrote a rant a couple of months ago about how I'm becoming less and less angry at the administration and the current brand of politicians, and more and more angry that we aren't doing anything about it. If you are genuinely unhappy with the way things are going, then you should DO something about it, instead of bitching.

Then I went and bought a Prius =P

8. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BellBoy @ Apr 28 2006, 11:51 AM) [snapback]246691[/snapback]</div>
    I know, how pathetic...yes, as a cyclist, someone riding up on a bike would have been nice...or walk, it looks like a nice day in DC!

I know some of us bought our Prius' to save on gas money and some did it for socio-politcal reasons. We wanted tell our politicians to get off their duffs and do something about global warming and dwindling oil supplies.

I wish we could protest in numbers like those who marched a few weeks ago for immigration reform!

I suspect most of us do what I do...buy/drive a Prius, walk/bike if possible, recycle, turn off lights and turn down the heater and A/C...there's not much more we can do...except organize and protest. I was too young in the 60's, but boy, it must have been one heck of a time!