1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

what do these add-on charges mean

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sofsof, Nov 22, 2005.

1. sofsof

sofsof New Member

I was told that these have to be paid on top of the price.

Could someone tell me what TDA and WFR are, and are all 4 of these charges mandatory?

Transportation: $580
    Gasoline: $10
    TDA: $242
    WFR: $217

Thanks

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    transportation is for shipping from port to your dealer. yes, you are stuck paying that one. :(
    gas... is this a 2005 or 2006 model? on the 2005 model the sticker says that MSRP includes a full tank of gas, so you shouldn't have to pay that. point it out on the sticker for them, it should be in the section that covers all the standard equipment at the top.

get an explanation for tda and wfr before paying for them.. i've never heard of either and they aren't familiar numbers.

3. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

Transportation or destination charge, yes, you should expect to pay this.

$10 gasoline is probably not worth arguing about.

WFR is wholesale finance reserve (WFR) which is paid back to the dealer after sale of the vehicle by the manufacture.

Holdback which is paid back to the dealer by the manufacture.

Toyota Dealer Advertising (TDA) is paid by the dealer.

Everything is negotiable.
    DealerTricks.com

You can use the 2006 Model Year Prius Calculator to determine your dealer's actual costs. B)

4. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    From SiennaClub.org - Toyota Invoice Price, Items that can show up on an invoice:

5. sofsof

sofsof New Member

6. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

"Legitimate" is debatable.

Everything is negotiable but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll reach an agreement.

7. tullynoon

tullynoon New Member

I didn't pay either of them and I'll bet that the bulk of our contributors didn't either. Most businesses pay their expenses out of their gross profit...and there is plenty of that in a Prius at MSRP when you consider that the holdback adds to their profitability. I hope you aren't facing "additional dealer markup" too (sometimes called "market adjustment" or a myriad of other creative adds.

8. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I never paid those junk fees and don't recall ever being asked to pay them.

9. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Where is this dealer?

They could just as well call this $469 "market adjustment"---or "unsullied profit"!

$10--- for less than 5 gal. (?) of gas, indeed! You should ask them to itemize it: how much is it per gallon? Does is include a labor charge for "applying" the gas to the gas tank?

10. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

Anything is negotiable. If they tack on extra fees, negotiate the price down on the car itself. If the price is unsatisfactory, go somewhere else.

11. Bionic

Bionic New Member

You've got to be bullshatting me... If my dealer asked me to PAY for their TV commercials and CLEANING MY CAR before they gave it to me, I'd be livid... Ad revenue comes out of profits, no way should you have to pay an additional subsidy, and taking a clean car at delivery should be a given. :angry:

12. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Kiloran is right. Dealers can charge anything they want. If you don't want to pay it...they are hoping someone else will. I am surprised at the number of people who get upset when someone wants to get the most money out of a "non-necessity" item like a car. Particularly if you can go somewhere else for the same thing.

How about anger over taxes being raised...we can't escape that.