1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What do these codes mean?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by AKCMommy, Aug 5, 2007.

1. AKCMommy

AKCMommy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    LAN Monitor EMV
    01- DC 190 16 2
    01- D5 190 45 B
    01 DB 190 B9 F
    01 DB 110 06 3

LAM Monitor DSP AMP
    01 D6 FF 1
    01 E1 110 FF 1
    01 E1 190 FF 1
    01 E3 FF 1

Layman's terms would be really appreciated. Thanks!

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    basically, if your stereo/nav are working, don't worry about those. they're related to the stereo/nav network.

trouble codes related to the operation of your vehicle are relayed by the obd2 connection and read by a toyota scanner. some other types of scanners can read basic obd2 codes but only the toyota one(s) can get to the hybrid and other proprietary codes.

3. _echo

_echo Junior Member

Looks like someone's been poking around the Diagnostics menu inside the MFD.. Fun stuff. The three nybble code is the device
    (0x190= HU head unit, 0x110=MFD)
    When I first saw this post, I thought you had an AVC Lan sniffer like some of us.. :p

In any case. I think the PDM screen logs 'bad' packets, or error conditions (only within AVC Lan.) The address is probably most important to you. i.e. if you're getting a lot of 'long latency' problems, then this menu might be useful. (even a normal prius has times where it looks like it's lagging while redrawing the screen.)

IIRC, the MFD is only wired to AVC Lan so it can only get info from Gateway (Off the top of my head? Device 0x1C3) So, no DTC's through here, gotta buy a scan tool...

DTC's are usually in the format Pxxxx where xxxx are 4 numbers, there are also two other codes besides 'P' that are ermm a little specific to the Prius (HV ECU dosen't really exist in a 'normal' car..)