1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What do you keep in your toolkit? What spare parts?

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Sean Nguyen-King, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Sean Nguyen-King

Sean Nguyen-King Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I searched around and read several of the emergency kit threads, but I'm specifically wondering what tools and spare parts to keep in an in-car toolkit. Fuses/spark plugs? Fluids? Headlight bulbs? Nothing?

(I already have a battery-powered jump starter, among some other random things.)

Thanks!

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have carried low beam bulbs since it's dangerous without and they are relatively easy to change. Also a small flashlight.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    nothing. except spare tyre, jack and 2 x 12 base, wheel chocks, and lug wrench.

4. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    An old shower curtain to kneel on while changing tires. A 30" bar with quality socket to fit wheel lug nuts. A X bar lug nut spinner. A set of super quality long jumper cables left over from when I would jump a car a month in prior cars. A reflective triangle. A yellow reflective vest. A "can" of motor oil. Some rags. Spare wiper blades (the last set removed when I change them ... probably 4 years old but save your butt if the ones you are using fly off). A couple of old towels and washcloths for use as rags. Some flares. 2 screwdrivers and an adjustable wrench.

At 73, I still help others.

5. E. Dennis

E. Dennis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Tesla Model X
    Model:
    N/A
    Small AA LED flashlight, a full roll of paper towels, an old heavy shirt, all stored under the rear floor.
    Used these over the years to change tires, wipe hands, absorb spills, help other motorists, etc.
    Better than a dealer-sold first aid kit!!