1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What do you prefer, muzak or silence?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jared2, May 19, 2006.

1. jared2

jared2 New Member

Like it, or not? Personally, I could not work all day in an environment where muzak was pervasive. I like music too much to tolerate muzak.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I prefer to be able to choose my own music. Therefore, I would have to select an environment with no music and then provide my own. That's my current situation and I like it.

I knew I was in Muzak Hell one evening, many years ago, standing in line at Taco Bell listening to "Light My Fire" performed in Muzak with a Latin Swing. I am haunted to this day.

3. kDB

kDB New Member

9 hours a day, five days a week of about 15 songs i can't stand. yeah, that's my life with muzak. i would love to have silence instead, but the people i work with can't stand the silence. so here i am stuck with it until i have some free money for an mp3 player.

only good thing is i can usually just zone out and work for a couple hours without noticing anything. and i mean anything, even the work. the couple hours can seem like only minutes sometimes.

4. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Being a sufferer of tinnitus (constant ringing in the ears) total silence for me is maddening. I need some type of pleasant background noise.

5. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'd much rather listen to some good classical music all day (which I do at work) than put up with either silence or muzak.

6. SAPrius

SAPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I knew I was in Muzak Hell one evening, many years ago, standing in line at Taco Bell listening to "Light My Fire" performed in Muzak with a Latin Swing. I am haunted to this day.

I also experienced a similar moment of "Muzak Hell", but in a supermarket. Hearing "Stairway to Heaven" done with easy-listening instrumentals made me realize that I was now one or maybe two generations removed from the current musical scene. Ack!

Should there be a law against using "rock and roll" in an advertisements? I can't take my beloved LedZepplin being used to sell a Cadill-ack!