1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What do you think? Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by FishHawk, Dec 4, 2010.

1. FishHawk

FishHawk New Member

23000 for an 010 #1 at the dealership and I would have to pay 18000 plus my 06 as a trade in which has structural damage from and accident. Good deal or not? They are including the floor mats plus wheel locks. FYi my car has 90000 miles on it. FishHawk

2. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Don't know if it's a good deal or not, you getting a II, III, IV, or V? What options? If it a fully loaded (i.e. Solar Roof) III or higher then I think you're getting an awesome deal, If it's a base III or lower, not too good!

3. Econ

Econ Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    is your trade worth $1,500? I would guess that with all the Toyota kicks the dealer is buying your trade for $1,500.00
    It must be a II?

4. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    that's a bad deal.

1. if u really wanted a good deal, u would buy a used 2010.
    2. your car is always worth more than whatever the dealer offers
    3. 23,000 is a terrible price for a base model, if that's what you mean by "010 #1"

5. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    A dealer in the SF Bay area has a 2010 III with nav for $23,889. I would run from your deal.

6. FishHawk

FishHawk New Member

I think the Prius was a II because it had the floor mats plus wheel locks. The dealers love this system because they have plenty of wiggle room. FishHawk

7. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    HECK YES!!!

It's a GREAT deal.....for the dealer.:eek:

First thing...your trade is worth more than 2000 bucks even if you part it out. Heck, you can get a couple hundred for the tires and wheels! Yank the battery pack out of it, and you'll have a thousand bucks on eBay quicker than you can say "Buy it now."
    Secondly, I've priced II's, which is the consumer "base" model for 20K east of the Mississippi. There's a "I" out there somewhere that is a "fleet" model---without cruise control, and other options, but it's like a unicorn. I know what it's supposed to look like, but I've never actually seen one. If you are looking at a "I", stop looking at it and get a II. Crank windows, "2WD-50" air-conditioning, and no cruise control might be OK for an $11,000 Versa or work truck---but there's no freekin way I would put up with it in an $18,000 car. Just sayin....
    Look at cars.com or ebay. Actually...19,995 was the cheapest I've seen one, in Virginia and Georgia. People are paying the fat guy in the red duds this time of year, so you might be able to get one for an even better price in a month or two, unless there's a huge spike in the price of oil.
    Park your 06 in a Wal*Mart parking lot with a "$4000" sign on it and some kid will be all over it like a bum on a bologna sandwich!---even if it has a salvage title.

Yer call!
    Good LUCK!---Let us know what happens!:cool: