1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What do you think of NBC baiting NASCAR fans with Muslims

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by imntacrook, Apr 8, 2006.

1. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle....A-NASCAR-DC.XML

Personally I think it stinks! In other forms its called race baiting. Its totally dishonest and harmful to Muslims and NASCAR fans alike. Very similar to the forged documents Dan Rather tried to pass as legit just before the elections.

I'll give you the last word, no bloviating.

2. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I read the link and didn't see anything wrong. They wanted to see if "regular" folks would react negatively to "obvious" Muslims.

You must also dislike investigative reporters who prove how easy it is to sneak into restricted areas of airports, get onto planes, even the flight deck, without being stopped or even questioned.

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jayman @ Apr 8 2006, 12:49 PM) [snapback]236793[/snapback]</div>
    How can you NOT see anything wrong? By doing that, they're ASSUMING NASCAR fans are pretty much all rednecks, thus, if there's any place a group of Muslims is going to make a "splash" it's there...

Guess you wouldn't have a problem sending a bunch of Hasidics to a KKK rally to see how they react either. :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(imntacrook @ Apr 8 2006, 09:54 AM) [snapback]236735[/snapback]</div>
    That's PRECISELY what it is...

4. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
  5. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Great cartoon!

6. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 8 2006, 12:24 PM) [snapback]236812[/snapback]</div>
    You mean they're NOT? Sure am glad you're around rich kid, helps enlighten my poor narrow-minded viewpoint on the world. Oh wait, that's you ...

7. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(imntacrook @ Apr 8 2006, 08:54 AM) [snapback]236735[/snapback]</div>
    Typical mainstream news "journalism". does anyone remember the Dateline NBC episode with the GM sidesaddle gas tanks?

8. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jayman @ Apr 8 2006, 09:49 AM) [snapback]236793[/snapback]</div>
    It's not a far cry from any news story where there is a study going on about how people react to a certain group. Fat suits are used to see how larger people are discriminated against. Sending the Muslims in with just hidden cameras would have been more to the point but probably damn dangerous.

I can't wait to see how Toyota fairs with Nascar...hope they blow the socks off them Fords and Chevys (and Dodges too) I'll check in once in a while but watching cars go in a circle more than once or twice is just not going to hold my attention.

9. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Salsawonder @ Apr 10 2006, 06:08 PM) [snapback]237773[/snapback]</div>
    You are that big of fan of Toyota? Why? do you hope the domestic auto industry goes away, and the hundreds of thousands of jobs?

10. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Toyota will build more plants here and run them more efficiently and cleaner.

The American car makers have no one to blame but themselves. Maybe if they quit exporting jobs, listened to their supporters and took more responsibility for quality control they would not be where they are now.

11. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Salsawonder @ Apr 10 2006, 06:30 PM) [snapback]237785[/snapback]</div>
    So you are turning to toyota because the American auto makers are exporting jobs? Wow. You must not have been an economics major.

12. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(malorn @ Apr 10 2006, 05:54 PM) [snapback]237766[/snapback]</div>
    Yep, just as unfair as all the media attention focused on the Ford Pinto and the exploding rear gas tank. Though I noticed when I purchased my 2000 GMC Sierra it had a fuel tank tucked up between the frame rails.

How about the Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor that some police departments refused to buy until Ford installed costly retrofits to minimize the danger of an exploding rear gas tank.

If you really want to see a dangerous saddle tank, look at a typical semi tractor. Even a minor side impact and there is diesel all over the place. Railway locomotives are worse, some truly nasty fires around here have been caused by a semi trying to beat the crossing and t-boneing the locomotive saddle tank.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(malorn @ Apr 10 2006, 06:19 PM) [snapback]237780[/snapback]</div>
    Cah-rist here we go again

The Big Three are to blame for the mess they're in. Incompetent clueless upper management sucked their respective companies dry, turned a blind eye to innovation, and now that the s*** has hit the fan, are trying to blame potential customers for being "unpatriotic."

I notice that GM offers a very small car, the Aveo. Hey, how "patriotic" is it that the Aveo is actually a Daewoo made in S. Korea?

With energy prices still high, GM could really have pushed the "alternative" bandwagon with their EV1. Instead, they rounded them up and got rid of them. Why?? They could have improved on the EV1, called it the EV2 or whatever, but no ....

13. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jayman @ Apr 10 2006, 06:48 PM) [snapback]237795[/snapback]</div>
    I agree with you on the EV1 or EV2, but it can't be changed at this point. As far as the Aveo, it is more "American" than the Yaris or the Prius. At least the potential profits are recirculated in the United States.