1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What does Record Route do on 2006 NAV?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by qbee42, Apr 26, 2006.

1. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What does the Record Route feature do on the 2006 NAV system?

I've read the NAV manual and searched for postings - maybe I'm blind, but I don't see where this feature is described.

Thanks,
    Tom

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think its like a crumb trail so you can trace your route back if you get lost or if you just want to take the same way back to where you was.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    In case, you need to have it spelled out to you, DO NOT follow the recorded path if you taveled on one-way streets to get to where you are. Don't say I didn't warn you. :)

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Apr 26 2006, 03:50 PM) [snapback]245777[/snapback]</div>
    Tried that once and the birds ate all the crumbs and I was lost in the woods. I don't even want to go into what happed after that! It is nice to know that this feature has been added it is something I used in my handheld GPS in the past.

5. jrfaris

jrfaris Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ Apr 26 2006, 03:03 PM) [snapback]245751[/snapback]</div>
    Interesting. Most navigatiion systems have the ability to log a trip so that you can retrace it in the future. It's handy if you have a complicated, multi-stop trip and something I miss on our 04 Prius. Is there a way you can use a recorded route as the basis for a new trip? Even if you need to add or delete stops, it could be worthwhile. Hope someone with an 06 replies. There seem to be quite a few "upgrades" in the 06 and it makes me wonder what all I'm missing :p

6. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Apr 26 2006, 11:02 PM) [snapback]245911[/snapback]</div>
    LOL! I can just see that happening: head down, watching the NAV, blasting down a one-way street against the traffic.

It seems obvious enough, but never underestimate people's ability to do really stupid things. With marine GPS nav systems, the one you see all the time is people setting a route that goes through land. They specify their starting location and the destination, and the system draws a straight line in between. If there happens to be an island, headland, reef, or the like in between, well that might make for a bad day.

Tom

7. David

David Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    For some folks starring at the map isn't a laughing matter. Not long ago someone ran their $1M boat into the jetty on a inlet because they were watching their map plotter and not looking out the window. The boat was pretty much destroyed and the parts salvaged. As the nav systems in our cars get better things like this will happen more.

8. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    "turn right"
    turns right, plows through a coffee shop window
    "in two hundred feet"

great commercial