1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What Drives Us - Episode 32 "K9A - K9 Assist Hypermiling"

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    This week Danny and Russell are joined by Tony Schaefer and Jason Holder. The group take apart the new Fisker Karma commercial and wonder why the Karma itself actually is, discuss Plug-In America's Paul Scott take a job at Santa Monica Nissan to sell Leafs, Volt transparency, the new liquid cooled Lion battery for the Ford Focus EV, a HUGE rebate on the Tesla Roadster in Japan and two eerily similar Toyota hybrids NOT meant for the US. At least for now. Hosts: Russell Frost and Danny Cooper Panelists: Tony Schaefer, Jason Holder Episode #: 32 Time: 55:46 Subscribe to the Podcast in iTunes Subscribe to What Drives Us - Enhanced Edition with your favorite podcatcher Subscribe to What Drives Us - MP3 with your favorite podcatcher Direct Enhanced M4A Download Leave us a voicemail with your question or topic and we'll try to get you on the air. Just call (575) 51-DRIVE. Become a "Fan" of What Drives Us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/whatdrivesus We love to respond to your questions and comments there as well. If you like what you hear on What Drives Us, tell a friend! Check out the show notes over on the What Drives Us website - http://whatdrives.us/podcast/episode-32

2. matrix_uam

matrix_uam Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

I am from Spain I have follow your Auris HSD and Prius 3G comparison.

I have a Prius and I have ride Auris HSD and I have to say driving experience it´s just the same as Prius 3G has, but with a smaller cabin space, not too much but smaller. The real problem with Auris is trunk capacity, its almost half of Prius does. Auris is a not hybrid desing car so Toyota faces same problem as Lexus with GS450h.

Price it´s very close to cheapest Prius version (around 900$ less) so at the end it´s not good alternative to Prius. I think the idea with this car is to give an option to people who dont like Prius desing and want a more conventional car. In US you have options like Camry that we dont.

Interior desing looks similar to Prius 3G but what would be correct it´s that Prius 3G looks similar to Auris as it was introduce in the market several years earlier than Prius 3G did.

Sorry but my writting english needs to be improved.

1 person likes this.
  3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thanks for the international insight, matrix_uam. I don't think any of us on the podcast were aware that the Auris cabin styling came before the Prius 3G. I am sure that if we did, someone would have said it. :)