1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured What Drives Us Podcast - #156 – The Slow Road to Hell - What Drives Us

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    This week Paul joins Tony, Russell & Danny on the slow road to hell that is the 2016 Prius reveal. It’s so slow that we might have an autonomous Google car in production first. Or a Porsche Tesla Model S competitor. Or an Audi e-tron Tesla Model S competitor. Or a Hyundai Prius-fighter. Or maybe […]

Read more about this episode on WhatDrives.Us

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Lmao.

Tough to deny that a lack of substantial info at the reveal created 'a disturbance in the force'.

I did like the vehicle both in and out and super appreciated being there but man, did I leave wanting info/specs (other than measurements from a tape measure of info glommed from some taking the car apart(!) lol) of some sort to share with the community.

austingreen likes this.
  3. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess my impression as someone who did NOT attend the release and was like the vast majority of Prius Interest audience watching the release on internet video, was the whole underwhelming aspect of the presentation.

It just had a "lip service" feel to it. All the right things about Prius were said. A degree of celebration and spectacle was met. But with the thud of basically no specifics or no real information being released?

I didn't feel this in 2009-2010 with the release of Gen 3. You felt Toyota was as genuinely excited about the release, as the great majority of Prius faithful and potential hybrid purchasers were. In 2010 you had Prius as one of Toyota's Halo vehicles, getting the respect the release of a Halo vehicle should get, and deserves.

This release was....."It Sure Looks Purty Doesn't It?.....Good Night and Thanks for Coming! ".

Sorry Toyota, but Vegas, Lights and suspension wire aside, that's a fail.

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I like the title. :)

Interesting, confirmed in this episode. Battery is in engine bay. Hopefully (cheaper) conventional replacement batteries will become available.

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Eye candy comes to mind. Either that or they are holding something back ... we hope.

Bob Wilson

#5 bwilson4web, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i hope volt chat reveals go better.:cool:

Danny likes this.