1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured What Drives Us Podcast - #215 Elon Musk’s Tesla Boring Company (in Ludicrous Mode) - What...

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    This week’s news and links… Russell G4 Prius fading Paul It’s hard to believe anything Mitsubishi says Tony Because your EV is only as green as the grid that charges it. Russell Elon loves trump’s secretary of state Mark Elon Musk says he will ‘seriously’ start digging a tunnel ‘in a month or so’ to […]

Read more about this episode on WhatDrives.Us

2. Rmay635703

Rmay635703 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Is hydropower green?

EVs can be efficient or inefficient regardless of the grid that moves it.

A tesla with its ac induction motors isn't a very efficient EV.

My fathers 48v miles zx40 only used 144wt/hr per mile to move itself (due to being very slow, underpowered, small, lightweight and oddly efficient.)

Put into context at 144wt/hr a mile even charging off coal emits less pollution than an average new gas car.

It's sad that manufacturers have not made an efficient EV like the EV1.

I guess the same concepts that make an efficient car would make an efficient EV and as Americans we can have none of that.

3. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Keep in mind that the Tesla wasn't going for efficiency but performance. The Bolt and Ioniq Electric have better efficiency, but I think people that really want efficiency are waiting for the cars to come down in price.