1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What Drives Us - Podcast Episode 4

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Episode 4 of the What Drives Us podcast is up! For those of you who have subscribed through iTunes, it should have downloaded it for you on Saturday. This week Russell and I were again joined by Evan Fusco to talk about recent events involving the Prius and other green modes of transportation. Episode 4 is a little funky because, due to weather, I got kicked off the recording the first day when we were chatting. Russell and I finished up Friday while Evan played around in Las Vegas. Hosts: Danny Cooper & Russell Frost Guest: Evan Fusco Episode #: 3 Time: 1:06 Subscribe to the Podcast in iTunes Direct M4A Download Direct MP3 Download Topics include:
    • Prius Recall
    • Southeast Toyota pulls ads from ABC
    • Media Impact on Prius Recall
    • Nissan Leaf ordering information
    Leave us a voicemail with your question or topic and we'll try to get you on the air. Just call (575) 51-DRIVE.

2 people like this.
  2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Can I offer a couple suggestions?

1. Play an intro tune before you start talking. Then introduce yourselves.
    2. Smoother transition between bits

When I first start the program it generally sounds like a couple guys screwing around and someone left their cellphone on and I'm hearing them through that. lol

The transitions could be a bit smoother. Like after Evan mentions Danny's absense and a break is mentioned (but not directed towards listeners) it just cuts out then the "interlude" music plays.

I'm not trying to slam you guys. I like listening to the show and am just offering suggestions. It's cool to hear my internet friends talking about my favorite car. :)

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That's Russell being funny. Sort of like the commercials when the actor turns around and says, "Oh, I didn't see you walk in..." Russell starts each episode with a gag reel.

I was in Toastmasters for years. In my club, every member provided feedback to every speech. We called the sheets of feedback "love letters" because it proved that we were all willing to take the time and provide honest feedback to help the individual improve. Of course, there is a difference between criticism and feedback.

4. samsprius1

samsprius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Hi Danny,

Didn't know you had a podcast! downloading it right now to my itouch
    and will listen to it in my car.the bluetooth in my 2010 V works great with my itouch. If I didn't have XM that is all I would listen to!!
    Thank's for the great job you do on this website It's #1

Good times,
    Scott

5. Soylent

Soylent The v isn't a station wagon! It's just big boned

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Where's the RSS? :( Not all of us have iTunes

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  7. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    +10 for Russell Frost's use of the phrase "...Amorpheous set of variables".

I think it's fine for your own podcast, and even for most of The Prius audience, but you might want to simplify the vocabulary if you want to be quoted in the national media.

Something like "What make the brakes feel funny and act rambunctious, is harder to pin down than a greased pig!"....that'll get you quoted a lot faster than "Amorpheous set of variables".

8. Seamaster

Seamaster Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    I've really been enjoying these podcasts. Thanks for making them.