1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What ever happened to '06 new front sopiler?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by GreenMachine, Dec 11, 2005.

1. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Has anyone actually seen the new front spoiler? I haven't seen it mentioned lately. Have you '06 owners noticed it?

I can't see any spoiler in the pics.

From "2006 New Prius Information" on the homepage of Priuschat

"EXTERIOR IMPROVEMENTS
    The Prius receives updated front headlamps and rear taillamps, and a new front spoiler. A chrome finish is applied to the front grille’s center bar, and freshened rear combination lamp is added to enhance its appearance."

I did find one thread on the subject, but it got little response.
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=1...l=front+spoiler

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Well, the chrome center grille is there -- it makes me think of a the phrase, "born with a silver spoon in their mouth". :)

BUt if there's a spoiler there, it's pretty subtle. I'll look tomorrow (it's dark out.)

BTW, there is one thing I and another '05 owner have noticed about my partner Heidi's '06: it seems to be higher than ours. As if the chassis is higher over the wheels than the '05.

Anyone else noticed this? (Given that Heidi's shorter than I am, I think it's a nice extra.) :)

3. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Maybe they didn't lower the rear seat. Maybe they raised the rest of the car. :blink:

Saw my first '06 yesterday; classic silver. It occurs to me that the "chromed" center bar in the grille may barely be noticeable in silver, silver pine mica, white and perhaps driftwood pearl cars. It should stand out more on seaside, grey, red and black.