1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What gas station regular grade gas blend gives you the best umph in your PIP

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by techie47, Jan 3, 2020.

1. techie47

techie47 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Has anyone notice a big difference in umph, and sometimes hesitaton, when they fill up the PIP at WAWA or other stations. I filled up the PIP at WAWA the other day, and I noticed the car had a lot of hesitation like something was holding it back in pwr mode as I got on the expressway. The following week at the same station, and pwr mode to get on the expressway, the car acted like it had detergent in the gas. No, I did not change the oil or the air filter.

vvillovv likes this.
  2. Pluggo

Pluggo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Wawa is fine for coffee, not so much for gasoline. Look for one of the licensed brands from TOP TIER. You might pay a couple cents extra, but it's worth it for the extra detergent and additives that will protect your engine. It's specifically recommended by Toyota. If carbon has been building up on your valves, sure you will eventually have a loss of power. Plus, you want to keep that EGR circuit clean to avoid a failed head gasket after 100,000 miles.

dig4dirt and Raytheeagle like this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i use mobil, haven't really experimented

4. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    The last time I used wawa gas was about 15 years ago.
    I had a vw jetta and one winter the gas lines froze and couldnt start it after getting wawa gas.
    I worked thru that tank and then filled up with turkey hill/sheetz and all was good.
    I believe it was the next winter and stupid me got wawa gas once again.
    same bullsh!t happened.

From there on out, wawa (water) never was used again. never anymore problems.
    I do understand that the Gen2 VW's totally different then todays tech, but cant fool me too many times.

Turkey Hill is about the only thing I have done over the recent years, with a couple Sheetz in there.
    But recently it has been Weis and sometimes Giant
    There is also a pure gas station that I frequent sometimes. Mostly to perhaps get that few
    ounce of pure in the hose when I use 10% ethanol lol but about once a year I do buy pure.
    Honestly I just got a tank of pure in my "c" and noticed no increase in mpg.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. techie47

techie47 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Folks, thanks for your responces. I have gotten a top notch education from you guys. From now on, they will get my quick stop money,but not gas.

dig4dirt likes this.