1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What good are the Voice Commands if you can't....

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by macreative, Nov 5, 2004.

1. macreative

macreative New Member

What good are the POI Voice Commands if it doesn't automatically route you to the POI you told it about; for example, If I say, AutoClub or Toyota Dealership --- it will show the icons on the screen, but how can it assume that I am close to one or the other? Do you have to follow the screen to see the poi it told you about.

I know that sounds confusing, but if I say "AutoClub" is there an easy way for it to actually route me to the nearest auto club or should I just do that in the Destination screen?

...and if I do that in the Destination screen, what good is the POI Voice Commands? See what I mean....

Anything I am missing here?

2. CHART

CHART Member

Yes. I use the voice commands to show particular POIs all the time. When you are moving and you say "Fast Food" it shows you the ones closest to you. You then have to pan around the map to find the one you want. When you find the Gyro place you are looking for (you know, the one with the lamb and beef mixed with the feta and perfect cucumber sauce) then you click on it and the Nav routes you to it!

3. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    ("click on it" = touch the POI icon to select it, press ENTER, and then ROUTE)

BTW Rick, you don't have to be worried anymore about parking next to my car. One of my neighbors gave me my first door ding.