1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What happened to Entune? How do I get my ECO history back?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Paul.Ivancie, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Paul.Ivancie

Paul.Ivancie Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yesterday, I tried to log into Entune to see how I'm doing in the ECO ratings game, and ...poof... it's gone. So I followed the yellow brick road and loaded the replacement App, "Toyota", and I can now see in "My Garage" my current odometer reading and miles remaining in the gas tank. That's nice. When I look into the Advanced Settings under the Charge Management symbol, I see my EV distance remaining and another option: Eco history >.
    When I select this option, I get a nastygram: "Unable to communicate with the server." Where's my rainbow, and bleating sheep, flowers and fruit-laden tree??? And what's my current rank in the "Candy Crush for Toyota Drivers" game??? And my ECO rank???

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    toyota ransomware :cool:

Salamander_King and Mendel Leisk like this.
  3. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The only thing I really used was “Saved Locations” which let you search for destinations on your smart phone which would then sync with the car’s navigation app. Now that appears gone. There is still the saved locations app on the car but nothing to sync it with on the smart phone. Sad. Maybe it’s moved but I haven’t found it.

4. Back the blue

Back the blue New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I called ToyotaEntune and they said they were working on the app won’t be available until sometime next week!

bisco and schja01 like this.
  5. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I just tried the telematics apps (charge management, location finder, etc) on the phone app and the media apps (like stock prices, gasoline prices) on the car, and it all seems to be working normally, including the the "Eco" history and sheep on the phone app. No notice about a required software update on the phone. This may all break on 11/15 when they do the formal transition. Until it breaks, I am not going to do anything.

6. schja01

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    There is (so far) no notice about a required update on the phone. The upgrade notice appears on the Infotainment screen in the vehicle. When you successfully upgrade the software in the car the Entune App on the phone currently pretty much stops functioning with a terse message to start using the Toyota App. As of today (Friday) a LOT of functionality on the Toyota App is missing compared to what was in the Entune App. Hopefully the Toyota App update happens next week and things will be better. Fingers firmly crossed. J

sesullivan likes this.
  7. CharlesH

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I am familiar with that popup on the car screen, and have done updates of the car Entune software in the past. I am not seeing it now, and everything is still working as usual, both on the car infotainment screen and the old Entune phone app. As of today.

What I care about is the telematics functionality. I really don't care about the media apps. Note that the telematics apps work completely different from the media apps: the media apps on the car talk over Bluetooth to the Entune app running on the phone, and any required Internet service is done via the Entune phone app using the phone's Internet connectivity. OTOH, the telematics apps use a dedicated cell phone built into the car, and the telematics functions of the phone Entune app talks to a server over the phone's Internet connection, and that server makes a data connection to the cell phone in the car to do the operation. I believe that this is different in the 2021/2022 model (the cell phone in the car does more than just telematics), but that is how it works in the 2017.

#7 CharlesH, Nov 12, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  8. BlueMagnet

BlueMagnet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE

9. schja01

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Gone gone gone. Been that way for months.

10. CharlesH

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I also have a 2017 Advanced. I don't know what I did differently. I installed the Toyota App, and it works (except for the vehicle locator function), but I did not uninstall the Entune app. In the Entune app, my sheep are still grazing happily in their field and all the functions still work, including vehicle locator and ECO history. I suspect that if I ever logged out of the app or changed anything, that it would be all over, but I am not going to try and find out.

11. schja01

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My guess is you may not have updated the Entune app to the current version. 1.29.87 on iOS.

12. CharlesH

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I thought of that, and the Entune app on my phone is indeed old (last updated Aug 6, 2021, version 1.29.900.11), but I have auto-update on and I am not offered anything newer. Other apps are updating routinely. I have a Motorola z4 running the most recent Android 10 patch from Verizon, applied today (Jan 13). There may be something in my setup that keeps it from offering an Entune update, but I as sure as *** am not going to try to "fix" it.

#12 CharlesH, Jan 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  13. Paul.Ivancie

Paul.Ivancie Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I tried to resurrect my old Samsung (Android) phone, which still sports an Entune app, hoping that it would show results, but alas, no such luck, although the app still works, instead of directing me to the "new, improved" Toyota app. But no luck on the ECO history, etc. Arrrgh!

14. markslim

markslim Junior Member

Still no Eco history when using the "Toyota" app on my iPhone 13. I got a phantom message today from what appeared to be the old Entune app, saying that all Entune functionality has been activated in the Toyota app. But so far, nothing. Has ANYBODY retrieved their Eco history and functionality on an iPhone?

15. schja01

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Nope. No Eco History no Charge Notifications. Sad.

16. Storm88000

Storm88000 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    At least you guys get those features!!

All I get with my 2020 LE is the tire pressure, mileage, and amount of fuel in the tank :(

17. CharlesH

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    And no vehicle finder/last parked location!!:mad::mad::mad::mad: Has ANYONE gotten this on any year Prime?

#17 CharlesH, Feb 12, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
    Storm88000 likes this.
  18. ttou68

ttou68 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Spoke with Lexus in regards to Entune app, because after it render useless after Lexus app update.

I was told there's an issue with Android phone connection with Entune, and they are working on it...

And I was also told that there's a chance that Toyota/Lexus may Entune all together on or after October 2022 and probably without replacement..

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

19. CharlesH

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Toyota BS Alert. The location info isn't on the Toyota App on my iPhone 7 either, so it's not just an Android issue. And it's not a cellular 3G obsolescence issue either, since (1) other telematics services, such as charge management, work fine, (2) the cellular unit in the Prime is LTE capable, and (3) their provider is Verizon, who isn't killing 3G until Dec 31 2022.