1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What happened to my mileage?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Peakbagr, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Peakbagr

Peakbagr New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Other than during cold winter weather, our 2+ year old Prius has been averaging 51-56mpg all around. Our tires needed changing and my spouse went to a tire dealer. The dealer recommended Cooper tires, a model supposed to get 50k miles. Almost immediately we now average 45-46mpg.
    In looking back, we didn't buy tires that accentuate mpgs. Is there anything we can do short of selling the tires? And are they makes and models we should think about when it's time to change the tires?

Thanks

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You should have read this first.

Low Rolling Resistance replacement tires: Current List | PriusChat

I would tell the dealer that you are unhappy with the tires and unhappy they sold you a tire that would lower your mpg. If the tires are still new they should offer you a satisfaction guarantee like many tire manufacturers do. Most are 30day.

There are MANY better tires out there that offer better mpg and last longer!

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that's typical (poor) dealer service, they should make good on it. what tires did you replace and how many miles did they last?