1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What happened?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by J.Wilkie, Jun 17, 2006.

1. J.Wilkie

J.Wilkie 80 Mile Daily Commute

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Welp,

Drove to work this morning and stereo worked fine. Sirius, CD, FM, and AM radio no problems.

When I leaving work today at about 5:00pm, I started my car and I had no sound from the radio stations and cd player. When I choose the CD player the disc is counting seconds in the song so that's not the problem. I can change CD's too. When I tried listen to the radio stations I can't hear a thing.

Bluetooth works fine, made a couple of calls. Came home restarted the car still nothing.

I did do a search but nothing was too specific or helpful.

I have almost 20,000 miles and no problems to date!

Any ideas?

thanks!

2. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(J.Wilkie @ Jun 16 2006, 09:20 PM) [snapback]272577[/snapback]</div>

Well, first things first...please update your profile so we know what year and what package you have so we know what we are working with...thanks :)

When you try to adjust the volume do you see the volume number increasing on the screen? If not then something is still interrupting the signal (like the bluetooth).

Do you have the voice commands? If so, when you push the voice button do you hear the voice?

You may also want to check under the passenger seat if you have the JBL system with the factory amp...as that is where it is located. Check to see if the plug was somehow unplugged.

You may also want to check your fuses, because the factory AMP probably has a separate fuse.

Goodluck!

3. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Sounds like the JBL amp to me, especially if the beeps from the display are gone too.

4. J.Wilkie

J.Wilkie 80 Mile Daily Commute

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Welp...

Problem solved and all under warranty.........

The Sirius unit went out. It was replaced by my original installer at the dealership. I received a new ESN number and had to reactivate the system but I'm so happy. No more 80 mile round trip commute without music.....