1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What has the right done in 5 years of total control?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by amazingarthur, Jun 1, 2006.

1. amazingarthur

amazingarthur New Member

I don't understand. I have watched these Republicans hi-jack our country in their attempt to deepen their pockets. There still seem to be quite a few people supporting these criminals.

Please, explain to me the following.

1. What they have the Republicans done that you are proud of?
    2. How have they made America better in general?
    3. How have they made us safer?
    4. Aren't you angry that they haven't made abortion illegal? (That's what they've been saying they'd do for years?)
    5. Aren't you mad they are cutting veteran's benefits?
    6. Do you realize almost none of them have ever served in the military? (except Rumsfield who was a desk jockey.)

I'm looking forward to hearing what you righties think, especially Mysterysquid!

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Amazing Arthur @ Jun 1 2006, 08:28 PM) [snapback]264467[/snapback]</div>
    1. They have transformed total world sympathy and support after 9/11 into total world contempt and anger. Since the rest of the world does not matter, and Jesus loves America best and hates everyone else, this is a good and worthy accomplishment.

2. They have eliminated the worthless national surplus and created the largest national debt in history. Since Judgement Day is coming very soon, we'll never have to pay back that debt, so we might as well spend the money and not worry about it. Also, the tax breaks for the rich are what god wants: since he made the rich wealthy in the first place, he must want them to be even wealthier.

3. They've made us safer by beefing up airport security and warning us to check for terrorists under our beds every night. We were getting lax. We needed a reminder.

4. No. It's all the courts' fault. They've been trying, but that pesky "checks and balances" thing in that silly old outdated Constitution keeps getting in the way.

5. Why should we be? People have to learn to be self-reliant.

6. What do you mean, none have served in the military? Cheeny's company sold stuff to the military. Isn't that almost as good? And Bush was in the National Guard for a day or two before he went AWOL. So maybe he never saw combat, but he was in the military.

I trust I have adequately answered all your points. Any more questions?

3. jared2

jared2 New Member

"Aren't you mad they are cutting veteran's benefits?"

Petty soon we will learn about a new plan for "vetrans savings accounts". As part of the ownership society, vetrans will be empowered to save for their own medical expenses and retirements. The accounts will be administered by Halliburton, for a very reasonable fee.

4. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Try the old Reagan line...Are you better off now than you were 6 years ago? Not many can say yes unless you are part of the top 5% in the country. :angry:

5. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Amazing Arthur @ Jun 1 2006, 10:28 PM) [snapback]264467[/snapback]</div>
    Abortion will always be legal. It's a wedge issue that politicians on both sides can whip out every two to four years to stir the pot.

More restrictions will be placed on it, and maybe that's not a bad idea. If you can't decide by the third trimester, well, then you're going to have a baby! Plus, many politicians feel the heat from the far religious right to change the law.

Majority of Americans support pro-choice.

6. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Daniel you rock! I notice how no neocons have the balls to answer the original questions. And even if they do it will be nothing more than regurgitating talking points from Rush's show. Why is this country in such a polorization? Think Rush et al spewing venom form their mics for the last 20 years, until very recently without opposition. Think a hijacked congress who spent 8 long years tearing Clinton apart, but leave the shrub alone. First the neocons taught progressives to hate them via backlash then they moved on to teaching the world to hate the USA. Hate didn't used to be a family value.

7. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

So, this is where the sore losers club hangs out... Hi all... Just looking over the hedge to see how ya'll are doing in here...

whine and complain about how things are, but get off your butt and actually do anything about it? Nah... just sit here in your stew and complain about things... hahahaa...

:p

Oh.. almost forgot to answer...

Judge Roberts and Judge Alito... Gotta love it baby!!!

Oh.. tax credit for my Prius... thanks George... By the way, would you liberal bush haters please skip that credit on your taxes next spring. We don't want you with your feet in both puddles.

I'd say the biggest gain is putting a halt to everything Gore or Kerry might have been going to do.

8. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Jun 3 2006, 12:50 PM) [snapback]265193[/snapback]</div>
    As expected...HA!, you took the bait once again!

We liberals, part of the "Sore Losers Club (SLC)" 'whine and complain' then wait for venom to spew from the right so we can get a good laugh. You're just here for our amusement.

Thanks once again for making my day! I can always count on a laugh from daronspicher! I really enjoy reading your posts. :)

9. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Bill Clinton
    $23/barrel;
    $1.25/gal

George W. Bush
    $72/barrel;
    $3.00/gal :blink:

10. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ Jun 3 2006, 12:25 PM) [snapback]265215[/snapback]</div>
    Crap... well, if we can say Bush was responsible for this, then it is likely the single best thing he's done for the our country and maybe even the planet. But no politician will ever take the blame for anything heading the unpopular way. Turn it around, and though, and watch out!

11. Subversive

Subversive New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ Jun 3 2006, 03:25 PM) [snapback]265215[/snapback]</div>
    What are you complaining about? Oil profits are up, up, up! If your cash flow experiences a rough patch just sell off a few hundred thousand shares of oil stock or one of your oil refineries...

12. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eyeguy13 @ Jun 3 2006, 12:03 PM) [snapback]265207[/snapback]</div>
    So that's it . . . it was bait?

So, not really an attempt to have a meaningful discussion? . . . only a trap in which to pounce on the first person who comes along who doesn't agree with everything you have to say?

Yep, another good example of a Liberal Freethinker in action. (just more proof that "Liberal Freethinker" is an oxymoron :p )

I personally won't bother responding to the original questions as it is apparent that gaining understanding of why there are different points of view is not your purpose.

Grow up you whiny bunch of ignorant tards. :rolleyes:

13. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Amazing Arthur @ Jun 1 2006, 08:28 PM) [snapback]264467[/snapback]</div>
    Seeing as the question is really an un-veiled attempt to insult us, why do you think we would answer? You have already convicted us of deepening our pockets and supporting criminals.

Here's the deal, we'll keep winning the elections. And you can keep throwing invective our way. Fair enough.

14. Che

Che New Member

This being the capitalist society that it is, blaming our government (be it reupublican or democrat), the oil industry, and the automotive manufacturers is unfair.

I do agree that the three groups have influence on the condition of the petroleum econonmy, however the primary blame lies on us, the consumer.

GM, Ford, and even Toyota are in business to make money. They will only design and build cars that they believe will sell and bring them enough profit to make it worthwhile.

If the general populus continues to show interest in a certain type of vehicle, be they liberal or conservative, then that is the car that the manufacturers will build. Right now, power, styling, and to a lesser extent, efficiency are popular vehicle attributes. If you don't believe me, just pay attention to car ads and what they focus on. That is why the Camry and Accord hybrids are not 50+ MPG cars, but rather 200+ horsepower cars.

The oil industry is also in business to make money. Like it or not, and it is no way illegal to make lots of money. I think it is safe to assume that the majority of us would sell a product at 200% profit if we could find someone to buy it. Despite the increases in the cost of gasoline, the demand has not proportionally cooled. The price of oil, like most everything else (even market speculation) is a product of supply and demand. As long as we continue to consume 20+ million barrels a day, and the availability of supply follows the current trend, the oil industry and exporters have no reason to drop prices. No matter how much we browbeat them.

www.eia.gov is a great place to learn about energy costs and distribution if your interested.

che

15. Che

Che New Member

I forgot to propose a solution to the fuel cost dilemma portion of Arthur's original post:

Avidly promote to all who will listen the benefits of hybrid cars, ethanol, hydrogen, insert your favorite alternative fuel here.

Write to Ford, GM and Dodge asking for more hybrids in their lineups.

Write your congressperson and ask for more alternative fuel incentive programs for manufacturers and consumers.

Promote and follow efficient driving habits; combinng trips, car pooling, using a scooter or motorcycle for trips not requiring material transport, etc.

Try to focus on realistic and positive solutions that both sides of the political spectrum can agree upon in all aspects of our lives.

16. amazingarthur

amazingarthur New Member

Still waiting for responses, c'mon back your boys......

I'd be happy to tell you why Gore and Kerry are MUCH better than Bush, start a thread and watch the responses.

This post is 3 days old and no one is defending their beloved president, I mean govenor (that is the last election he truly won).

C'mon righties, we're waiting.....

17. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Amazing Arthur @ Jun 4 2006, 12:50 AM) [snapback]265476[/snapback]</div>
    Those two idiots can't get elected. Getting elected would be the first step in getting anything done and those LOSERS can't even get that done.

I think your candidates are pathetic. Why not find one that can at least put up a good run for the office...

Ooooh.. ooooh... I took the bait.. hahahhaa...

18. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Che @ Jun 3 2006, 03:24 PM) [snapback]265270[/snapback]</div>
    Exactly! In a capitalist society the purpose of economic activity is to make money. It's the profit motive, a.k.a. the greed motive. And both Republicans and Democrats support the greed motive as the best and most moral way to structure the economy. Bush ain't gonna change it; Gore ain't gonna change it; Kerry ain't gonna change it; H. Clinton ain't gonna change it.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Amazing Arthur @ Jun 3 2006, 10:50 PM) [snapback]265476[/snapback]</div>
    Nobody's defending the prez??? I think I did a pretty good job.

19. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    6 yrs. ago during Clinton administration we had peanuts on US Air...now under George Bush NO peanuts. :angry:

20. amazingarthur

amazingarthur New Member

Mysterysquid I am so dissapointed in you........