1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WHAT HAVE I DONE

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Stan Wilson, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Stan Wilson

Stan Wilson New Member

After waiting four months...and not terribly patiently at that, today I arranged for pickup of my white Prius on Friday 3/5.

Oh God, what have I done. I am discarding my past gas guzzler(s) and buying a car I don't know how to drive and don't even understand the technology it integrates. I know it will be in the shop every month.
    Yes, I'll probably run over things with visibility change. I'm used to $20 or more per week at the pump...will my Exxon stock go down? My life is changing. Will my wife stay with me? Will my kids turn away in shame at their fathers stealthy driving?

I don't even know where the plug is located. Is it D-cell or C-cell batteries this car uses? Can you suffer a fatal shock if you touch the battery when opening the hood?

Oh to heck with it...I'll go pick the thing up Friday and try to act like I'm a tekkie and know what I am doing. Hope it doesn't rain and short the car out.

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    :lolup:

3. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I would guess that very few people know how lightbulbs work either, but they press on anyway because they don't like being in the dark. Stick it out, you can make it. There is counselling available as a Toyota option if you wig out.

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Your Exxon stock is a lost cause now that you've bought this car. Your only hope now is to take the long way everywhere you drive. If you put on 4 times as many miles as you used to you will be able to keep buying the same amount of gas and keep those stock shares afloat.