1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What I did was...found out that my aftermarket center caps don't fit

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Shammo, Jul 14, 2024 at 10:45 AM.

1. Shammo

Shammo New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    Mistakenly thought that all the Prius wheels have the same center ID. I see now that they don't.

So I don't end up with more that won't fit, what dimensions are needed to get the right size centers?

Just got this car and all 4 centers are gone, i hate to see the rims w/o them. I don't have a caliper big enough to measure the ID of the wheel center. Looks to be 2" +/-

2022 ECO

Thanks

Shammo

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    3rd and 4th Gen I believe have the same bore diameter, but there’s a groove inside the bore (for the locking clips), and it’s location varies between the two gens.

when I bought some cheap, Gen 3 E-Bay caps, purported to be genuine Toyota (they definitely weren’t), they wouldn’t sit properly. Comparing them to genuine (our 2010 CDN Touring came with 17” rims, with the centre caps), I saw the E-Bay caps had slight protrusions on the backside of the outer flange. With a little Dremel work I was able to get them to fit.

It’s not just the bore diameter; there’s lots of factors. I would start by researching the genuine Toyota part numbers, search for that. Listing for knock-off caps may mention being compatible with that part number. Also check the price for genuine at dealership parts departments, and/or online dealerships too, though they’ll likely be pricey.

Toyota USA parts website is a mess now (by design?); the dead-simple way to find out the correct part no would be to phone a parts dealership. And they’ll be able to sell you the correct, properly fitting cap, albeit more costly.

#2 Mendel Leisk, Jul 15, 2024 at 8:56 AM
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2024 at 9:39 AM
    Doug McC likes this.