1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What I would want to see on future Priuses

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Roger3125, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Roger3125

Roger3125 New Member

Better visibility backing up

A pop up/lie flat or hidden trunk container

A built in harness for infant seats

Better visibility to the Consumption screen

Scratch proof dash board

A slot for cell phone

2. silentak1

silentak1 Since 2005

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Ability to turn off the traction control (yes yes i know it's there for the protection of the tranny)

3. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Some sort of combined simpler alternative to the current consumption/energy display system. I'd like to be able to see the CD track info, or station info, or whatever, but I'd still like to have that instantaneous mileage bar graph off to the side, since I find myself leaving it on consumption, but not really caring all that much for the 5 minute bar graphs, but I do like that instantaneous bar graph as a "corner of my eye" indicator of how I'm doing. The energy display is nice for the battery state, but too busy most of the time, although it does impress passengers.

4. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    --Instantaneous MPG meter independant of the MFD
    --More sophisticated traction control
    --Solar panels on the roof that power a ventilation fan, for hot sunny days when the car is parked
    --"Crotch vent" for the A/C that's normally under the steering wheel on most Toyota products (at least it is on my '96 RAV4).

5. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

Keep asking, keep asking, Toyota is listening. That's why they gave us a new hybrid badge and a chrome grill. :lol:

6. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    50 mile EV range (without that 35mph limit)

True ipod (or even better zune) integration default (over bluetooth or wireless).

Or why not a built in HD based MP3/VMA player with wireless a/b/g/n connection (so I can sync it to my home PC when parked on the street).

GPS with traffic information

GPS with better 3d view

7. FarmGeek

FarmGeek New Member

I would like to be able to customize the layout on the MFD like you can with MyYahoo. Maybe divide the MFD into zones and then you can pick what you want in each zone. I would definitely eliminate the outside temp reading as it is always inaccurate. I would rather know what CD/track or radio station is playing.

The climate controls on the MFD are too far for the passenger to reach without leaning forward. The center console could be better utilized for this, especially the dead space in front.

Seperate climate settings for driver and passenger.

The MP3 player connection is buried in the console. It could have been pointed up making it easier to see. Same with the power outlet in the console.

More ability to control settings like the backup alarm and seat belt alarm and the confirmation beep of the alarm. I have the backup and seat belt alarms silenced but shouldn't have had to find a hack here on PriusChat. The seat belt alarms stills beeps sometimes (wierd).

A little bit bigger fuel tank would help, especially with the fluctuations with outside temperatures. About 15-16 gallons.

That should do it for know.

8. chogan

chogan New Member

A 30 mile PHEV pack with an EV switch.

Ability to turn off the stability control (as opposed to the traction control). Not being able to stop bugs me more than not being able to start. On second thought, ability to turn both of them off.

Better rear visibility.

Climate controls that don't require taking your eyes off the road (e.g. a big button that says VENT).

9. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    After having my Prius for seven months now I can say that I want the following in future versions:

-- power adjustible seat (height and depth) for "normal" people (6' and taller) ;)

-- auto door locking after starting the car

-- auto UN-locking the car after turning it off

-- the ability to interface ANY popular (cool iPod/suckass Zunie) audio device with the car

-- the ability to easily (for the end user) add satellite radio (either service)

-- include AAC files to the formats for burned CDs (instead of the sucky WMA)

-- better BT support for a wider range of phones

-- better adjustable steering column (in/out, up/down)--again for the height "challenged" persons ;)

I do agree with some others here about the rear vis. I'll probably think of more later, but for the most part I'm a happy Prius owner. :D

10. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BellBoy @ Oct 31 2006, 04:21 PM) [snapback]341469[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, the commonly accepted "average" height for an adult male is 5'8''-5'11''. Got this from the ergonomics lady here at work a few months ago when she had to order me a new chair.

11. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

TOYOTA Wake up!

It doesn’t matter how tall you are, if the seat/steering wheel/pedals relationship is uncomfortable then what you need is adjustments capabilities.

The Prius is by far the most uncomfortable car I have owned in the last 45 years. :angry:

Therefore:

1. 8 way adjustable electric seat. :angry:
    2. Telescopic steering wheel or lengthen my arms or shorten my legs. :angry:
    3. The Multifunction Display (MFD) should be a display only. Put my radio and air controls on the instrument panels where everyone else does. :angry:
    4. Plug it in ..... Plug it in.

I like the rear window view because it blocks the headlights of the car that is following out and gives my eyes a relief. :)

That’s would be enough for me.

12. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I disagree with having controls beyond the MFD. One of the cool things about the Prius is how clean they can make the console as everything is controlled from the screen (or the steering wheel).

Having the MFD as a display only would make the interior very messy and seems strange to me.

I more agree that the MFD should be more configurable and skinable though
    (Like any modern web portal, where you choose what you want to have displayed)

Having it skinable (with pics you can download) would be cool, sort of like cusomizable ringtones

13. darwin100

darwin100 New Member

Better sound system
    electric seats
    hidden lockable trunk compartment
    full sized spare
    heated seats
    sunroof
    tinted windows
    better bumper protection
    better paint
    better rear view vision

14. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I'd love to see some radio output (such as current song title/album/artist etc) shown on the radio face (where there's currently NOTHING). it would keep you from having to switch between audio and everything else all that often - only go to the audio screen for the higher level stuff, like bass/mid/treble controls, fade, etc.

15. nyconrad

nyconrad Cconrad in Virginia

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Only complaint .... Adjustable seats!!!

Other than that you have to admit this is a pretty cool car.

16. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    yes, but if we admitted that, then there would be no new and improved features for us to be lusting after when gen 3 comes out!

So instead, complain, come up with cool ideas, and see them come alive! :lol:

17. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Oct 31 2006, 01:34 PM) [snapback]341547[/snapback]</div>
    On 04-05 versions, that blank space is filled up with a cassette player :lol:

18. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BellBoy @ Oct 31 2006, 01:21 PM) [snapback]341469[/snapback]</div>
    Coastal had a kit that would lock all doors when the driver's seatbelt was fastened and all unlocked when the driver's seatbelt was unfastened. This was only available on the Gen I.

19. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Oct 31 2006, 06:06 PM) [snapback]341565[/snapback]</div>
    dude, no way! That would be a sweet mod, and i don't see why they couldn't do it again... seems to me a fairly simple matter to trace the wires from the door and the seat and put them together...

20. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Offering plug-in hybrid options would be the deal maker for me in five or so years when my Insight is near the end of it's life.