1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What if anything do we give up by changing the Navigation system

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mlgreve, Nov 22, 2010.

1. mlgreve

mlgreve New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I just bought a V and I am planning an upgrade. I already have a 4 channel Alpine amp in my old car I plan to move over to the Prius. Also looks like the 6.5's will work in the back. I do believe I read somewhere that the front speakers are 6x9's so I will need to purchase those. Anyways, I figure I would loose the parking assist by changing out the head unit? If that's the case I could care less. I have been parallel packing cargo vans for several years now and could park the V blind folded. What other issues should I be aware of.

2. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Just Intuitive Parking Assist, bluetooth phone and audio streaming, XM sat, USB port, aux input, voice command and reverse camera and possible Toyota Safety Connect. I'm not sure if the OEM reverse camera is standard NTSC. If so, you can just add an RCA jack to the camera wires and use the OEM camera with your aftermarket nav. system. Not too sure if you can use the OEM GPS antenna either. You could use the OEM USB and aux port with the new system.

3. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You may lose the steering wheel controls also...