1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What if it's not a sticky gas pedal?

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by montesalpha, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. montesalpha

montesalpha New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Many of you would benefit from this article in the LA Times:
    Data point to Toyota's throttles, not floor mats - latimes.com

Re Toyota's antics: from a January WSJ article:

In recent months, there have been signs of tension between NHTSA and Toyota officials. On Nov. 4, the agency issued an unusual rebuke of Toyota, saying the company released misleading information about a plan to recall some 3.8 million Toyota and Lexus vehicles to fix floor mats that the company said could interfere with the gas pedal and cause the vehicles to speed up even after the driver lifted his foot.

In its release, Toyota said NHTSA had found no defect in vehicles with properly installed floor mats, and added: "This is the sixth time in the past six years that NHTSA has undertaken such an exhaustive review of allegations of unintended acceleration on Toyota and Lexus vehicles and the sixth time the agency has found no vehicle-based cause for the unwanted acceleration allegations."

Two days later NHTSA said Toyota's statement that NHTSA had concluded no defect existed was "misleading and inaccurate," and that the matter wasn't resolved.

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Then it will be something else and we'll deal with it.

Bob Wilson

3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    What if a frog had wings? Then he wouldn't bump his arse when he hopped. There is no point in discussing hypotheticals when reality is much more important to us.
    ;)

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The Lexus incident is exactly the same as the Toyota recall "and I dare you to prove me wrong."

You can clearly see that the shadows of this picture are coming from two different angles which means they are being made by different stage lights "and I dare you to prove me wrong."
    [​IMG]

Give me a minute. I have a picture of a grassy knoll I want to show you. . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.