1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What is a good place to buy used body parts

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by wfz, Feb 24, 2017.

1. wfz

wfz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I got into side collision that my left side (both doors) what was hit by the left lane truck switched into my lane. The guy lied to insurance company that we hit in the middle.

Anyway, I would like to see if waiting for a used body parts of the same color would be a more affordable option to have the body fixed. Where would be a place or online site to find the parts I need? In general how much it would cost to buy 2 doors?

Thanks,

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    What area of the US are you located? Got any salvage yards around? How big of a hurry are you in for repairs? Check eBay yet?

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Watching a lot of crime dramas lately, might be factor: the title sounds kind of alarming. :eek:

My 2 cents: I would do it kosher, get a good body shop on it. There may be hidden damage, and salvage parts of the same colour will still have variation, paint match won't be that good.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Do you have access to the equipment and the help to get and hang a door? It is not a one man job. Since you asked the question I presume you don't have the equipment or the help.

I agree with Mendel, take it to a body shop and get a professional opinion and estimate. Maybe you need a door skin. Maybe you need a door. Maybe you need more body work than you think.