1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What is Behind the Leaf Car on the Consumption Screen?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jimofdg, Jun 20, 2005.

1. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

On my MFD when the Consumption screen (bar graph) is displayed, I've noticed an odd background effect in the upper left corner. There is a large and a small "green leaf" car symbol in that corner, and I seem to see a circle around them. It may even be a circle with a pattern resembling the moon's surface.

It does not seem to change when my headlights are on or off. Nor does it keep up with the phases of the moon (soon to be full).

FWIW, my BC Prius arrived late in the 2004 model year. Does anyone see this effect (when they're not moving), and does it remind them of something else?

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It reminds me of Earth actually. You're talking about the image behind the letter "E" or "C" (depending on screen).

Go into the Audio screen and press "Sound". There'll be another (faint) background picture

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Jim, there's a warning about spending too much time staring at the screen rather than watching the road. You might want to re-read that warning. Soon.

4. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

Tony, I did recommend standing still in the above posting.

Ahh, so quiet. And I can look at the moon...where was I?

Thanks for the comment about other icon backgrounds. I also realized I can get a better look at the Energy/Consumption background. My steering wheel (late in 2004) is one of those that can toggle between Energy and Consumption when I push the Info button on the wheel.

As the screen toggles, the background appears before the text or leaf car. Same for viewing Audio and returning to Energy or Consumption.

So on further examination (stationary), it appears to be an abstract scrunched-up circle that is intended to remind us to take care of our home planet (wherever that may be). :mrgreen: