1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What is it with BT Technology?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Hotfoot2, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Hotfoot2

Hotfoot2 New Member

In mid July, I ordered the stiffing plate and the tower strut kit. After about a month I received the plate, but, even after repeated emails to them, NOTHING about the strut kit. Guess they took my $250 and ran to Tahoe with it. BEWARE!:mad:

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. blueumbrella

blueumbrella Member of Prius Regeneration

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I also ordered these same two items. Like you, I finally received the plate but not the strut. No communication. After 2 months I had to contact my credit card company to get my my money back.

4. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    IMO, the Strut Tower Brace will provide the more dramatic improvement in handling and stability. It's definitely worth getting.

As you may or may not know, other companies, like TOM's, make strut tower braces for the Gen II Prius, but they run more money (around $290 plus delivery) and can take even longer (8 weeks) for delivery.

Sigma Automotive carries TOM's and another company's strut tower braces, and Carson Toyota also carries TOM's strut tower brace:

Toyota Prius 2004 ~ 2009 NHW20 Performance, Handling & Electronic Accessories :: Sigma Automotive

Carson Toyota TRD Parts, Replacement parts and accessories for Southern California

If you get the TOM's or the other non-BT Tech company's strut tower brace, I think you will still find useful GadgetDad's installation instructions and photos:

[​IMG] BT Tech Strut Tower Brace Install - By GadgetDad (Lee) v2.doc

Good luck.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    As Boo said, Brian's widow is trying to maintain the shop but we realize that she's behind on orders. Priuschat has a vested interest in seeing to it that everyone receives personal care and is treated in the same manner we would like to be treated.

Having said that, it's also tough to tell a new widow that we are going to drop her from the vendor list because she's doing a bad job.